Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyr View Post
You're right. Losing a wallet is exactly like losing a kindle. How silly of me.

I'm not sure why you hate convenience so much. Amazon is making it EASIER on everyone by handling the return of the Kindle, paying for shipping, not relying on some stranger to do the right thing and return it promptly, etc.

I wish wallet companies did this.
You are missing the point. And I'm tired of saying over and over. I agree this is a good thing, but it's still a CONTROLLING BEHAVIOR

Just like Damning with faint praise or handling the finances for the 'little woman"
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #62
johnnyr
Connoisseur
johnnyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You are missing the point. And I'm tired of saying over and over. I agree this is a good thing, but it's still a CONTROLLING BEHAVIOR

Just like Damning with faint praise or handling the finances for the 'little woman"
I've written about 4 or 5 replies to this....and there is just no way to respond to this sort of paranoid babble. I have no idea what your talking about, and going by your logic, the basis of how a company runs is "controlling behavior".

So have fun, and watch your back, because AMAZON IS WATCHING
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #63
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Again, you're not reading or understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying that the owner's information should be released, but the FINDER is willing to pass his information to the owner. Amazon only needs to do that. End of story. But they want to CONTROL the process, instead of just being helpful.
Except the OWNER didn't consent to their information being available to a total stranger. It's great that the FINDER consented, but if the owner didn't then Amazon has no choice but to act as the middleman.

The owner presumably feels fairly comfortable with Amazon if they bought a Kindle; for various reasons they may not wish for their information to be readily available to total strangers, and feel there is more accountability and safety in a larger corporation than in a stranger being sent someone's name, address, phone number, etc.

Unless Amazon called the owner and said "hey, John Doe here found your kindle...can we give him your address and have him ship it, or would you rather we keep both sides confidential", which is just as much of a PIA as it is to just ship the damn kindle to Amazon and have Amazon send it back out.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #64
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
Except the OWNER didn't consent to their information being available to a total stranger. ...
How hard is it to read what I wrote?

Sheesh.

You don't have a clue about whether the owner cares or not. On top of that the finder is making a substantial effort to return the Kindle by finding this forum and posting it here as well as on the Kindle forums. Why do you think he's a bad buy, gonna rape and pillage the owner.

Sheesh.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #65
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Since there is a resolution to this issue and the thread is degrading into an argument I am going to close it.

Advert
Closed Thread