Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
Damętas
Connoisseur
Damętas doesn't litterDamętas doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
a Thank You to Igor and the rest

Most notably Igor but also all those who have built upon his foundational work have done us a great service by adding the most requested new features by Kindle 2 users. We can now read DRMed .mobi files purchased elsewhere or borrowed from the public library on the K2 so that we are not locked in to getting all our DRMed books from Amazon. We can add our own custom screen savers (and remove that ugly picture of Emily Dickinson). Now we can read PDF files natively. You guys have enabled us to add support for foreign language e-books and personal documents and web browsing on the K2, including Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc. Moreover, you have given us the ability to add custom fonts at custom darkness levels. Because of your work, you have made the Kindle 2 a more attractive purchase. Bezos said in an interview that he hoped third parties would develop new features for the Kindle 2. I don't know if this is what he had in mind, but I am excited and grateful that the gifted within the Kindle community are working to add greater functionality to our device. You deserve our warmest appreciation.

BTW, whoever is first to figure out how to add folders or some sort of file system to the home page is going to be a big-time Kindle 2 celebrity!
Damętas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I second the thanks!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'll Third it! It has been fun watching and reading about the various things people are creating for K2 to make it even more useful (even if most of it flies over my head... and I'm a duck!).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Don't forget Calibre. KindlePID, KindleFix and Calibre are all must-have tools for serious Kindle owners.

Oh, and LRFTools, also.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
twister
Enthusiast
twister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damętas View Post
Now we can read PDF files natively.
I must have missed this. How can they be read natively?
twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Yes..and I'd like to note my recent affection for cabbages to the above list

To the authors of these tools and the educators....a big
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
I must have missed this. How can they be read natively?
It's a Kindle 2 hack called Savory.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
(even if most of it flies over my head... and I'm a duck!).
what does that say about the rest of us?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote