Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Kiki McKay
Kiki McKay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPod Touch
Transfer question about stanza and iPod Touch

I am extremely new to reading ebooks, and am trying to navigate my way around. I started about a month ago in researching whether I would like to get a Kindle 2 or not. At any rate after some research , I've installed Stanza on my iPod Touch and used the iPod to download some books from feedbooks and from the free Random House library. I have enjoyed the experience and ordered my Kindle 2 yesterday! I'm really excited and can't wait for it to get here.

I'd like to transfer the free books on my iPod to my desktop (iMac) to eventually transfer them to the Kindle when it gets here. I've done a bit of research and I've installed Calibre and Stanza desktop on my computer. However, I can't figure out a way to get the files off Stanza on my iPod to Stanza or Calibre on my desktop. I can't find anything in the documentation or on any google search or here.

Also, I'd like to know how you manage your ebook libraries. Of course, the Kindle will be able to hold a ton of books, but I only have 8GB on my iPod. Can I manually manage my ebooks like I do with my music?

Thanks for answering the newbie questions.
Kiki McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
For feedbooks, go to their website from your computer. Sign in and then click on "profile" - you should find a copy of all the books you put on your iTouch and can now download them to your computer. Assume that Random house will have similiar spot where you can redownload your library

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Duh! took down my response because I read the question backwards...

Last edited by Harmon; 04-12-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote