Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Exclamation Return button in search not working

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.4.0
Plugins: Tweaks
Steps to reproduce:
  1. open the free book Q of Luther Blisset
  2. perform a search
  3. click on one result
  4. click on the return button
Current result: result page is displayed
Expected result: previous page should be displayed

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-27-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Your Expected result occurs in 2.5.1. I'm not sure that there's much point reporting bugs in old firmware.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't remember how that worked before, but it appears to have changed in 2.5.1. After searching and selecting a result, the bar at the bottom has:

- "Results" - Press this to return to the list of results
- Left arrow - Go to previous result
- x of y - Shows where you are in the results
- Right arrow - Fo to next result
- Return arrow - Return to place you were when you started search
- Big cross - Close the search and stay on current page

Looks like it has been fixed since 2.4.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

It seems it happens to me only with this free epub: Q of Luther Blisset
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tired the book and can't see a problem. Each of the buttons along the bottom work as I described before. This is with 2.5.1 on my Glo.

What language are you using for the interface? Maybe that has a problem.
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

English.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK. Are you seeing all the buttons I described before? If so, which are you pressing? If not which is missing and what does the button you are pressing look like?

I can't check as both my devices are on 2.5.1. And while I didn't think the search interface had changed, my memory might be wrong.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #8
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

The interface is exactly as you described, and I pressed the return button.