Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Seiko's New EInk Watch

I saw a bit about this awhile ago. It looks like it will actually be on sale soon.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/08/s...-by-end-of-20/

The main reason Im posting it is that this is not a segmented display like was used in previous eink watches. This is an actual 2"(ish) active matrix display capable of displaying anything that a larger 5"/6"/9.7" eink based ebook reader.

First time I have seen the smallest size used in an actual product. It would be interesting to try to read a book on it

they used to have the specs for this size on the products page at the Eink site but they havent since the advent of Vizplex. The article here http://ablogtoread.com/seiko/seiko-a...back-in-style/ says the display is 300 dpi.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Rob87
Rob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-600
Seikos been banging on about E-Ink watchs for years but nothing of theirs has made it to the shops so im not getting my hopes up.

As for its design the square shape reminds me of the ultra cheap Casios not a good start.

Last edited by Rob87; 09-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Rob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert