Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Third party covers with the hinge (K3)

I'm a big fan of the hinge attachment for Kindle cases, but I'm not especially wild about Amazon's covers -- they feel overpriced and just sort of unimpressive to me. Is anyone aware of 3rd party manufacturers who might be making K3 cases with the hinge? Unfortunately, M-Edge has gone back to the four-corner, non-hinge attachments for its K3 line.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
They're a little spendy ($99), but the Cole Haan cases use the hinges. Black, burgundy, brown, green, blue, and tan.

tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I should have said "besides Cole Haan" They are just too expensive for me. Though I do like the weight and the design.

I am so disappointed in m-edge.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
They're a little spendy ($99), but the Cole Haan cases use the hinges. Black, burgundy, brown, green, blue, and tan.

Ouch! That is over 71% the cost of my K3 WiFi! Looks pretty flimsy, I like a hard leather case. It probably has $5 to $10 worth of material tops. They must be selling to a crowd with a lot more money than I have.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
b_knits
b_knits is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G; Sony PRS-505; iPod Touch; Droid Incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Is anyone aware of 3rd party manufacturers who might be making K3 cases with the hinge?
LeSportsac has them in several colors.
b_knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
compared to the leather case I can't see any advantage from the other companies in price and materials ;-) my steel-blue cover is already in Leipzig, Germany. First part of my order should arrive soon... to bad it's not the Kindle itself ;-)
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp View Post
compared to the leather case I can't see any advantage from the other companies in price and materials ;-) my steel-blue cover is already in Leipzig, Germany. First part of my order should arrive soon... to bad it's not the Kindle itself ;-)
It must have arrived there with mine last night then... Oh, hang on, it's now in Oslo. Damn, it never ceases to amaze me how fast these things get from state-side to Norway especially when orders directly from Oslo can take a week to get to my town which is only an hour away!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Ouch! That is over 71% the cost of my K3 WiFi! Looks pretty flimsy, I like a hard leather case. It probably has $5 to $10 worth of material tops. They must be selling to a crowd with a lot more money than I have.
Yeah, me too. It seems that they've focused on simply another Kindle being released, rather than the low, low price of the new Kindle (compared to other ones) bringing in people who couldn't afford one before.

I'll have to figure out how to make one out of bubble wrap and duct tape, I guess.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
...I'll have to figure out how to make one out of bubble wrap and duct tape, I guess.
It might be easier to buy a bubble-wrap mailer. That's what I'm a-gonna do!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
whitearrow
Guru

I am unhappy with all of the current options

I have a Belkin sleeve I bought for my K2, so I think I will just use that for now and see if I like reading without a case.