Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #46
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
The new site "forgot" my registration, so I re-registered. I took a good look around, but my disappointment in their strange, mixed-up approach to e-books (why have the entire run-up to site based on giving away DRM-free e-books, and then have the site mention nothing whatever about e-books?) has left me with a bitter taste.

They have a link, "Looking for Tor-Forge Books?" which takes you to a REAL e-commerce site, but they don't offer e-book editions there. The "contact us" link they offer bounces back all emails, so one cannot even effectively give feedback to them about the situation.

WhooHoo! Let's give away great, DRM-free e-books, which appeal to whom if not e-book adopters, to hype a... blog?

Overall, this has been a real letdown.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #47
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I think all those files are still available for this week up until the 27th:
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...ew=blog&id=577

Quote:
we thought we'd make everything we gave away there--all the novels, all of the desktop wallpaper--available for one additional week, starting today and running through Sunday, July 27. We've even gone back and added formats that weren't available at first, so all of you who mourned (for instance) the lack of a Mobipocket version of Mistborn can now find happiness.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert