Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm going to miss the fun too. I finally broke down and ordered a refurb Acer yesterday, but the deals will be over by the time it gets here.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can purchase apps even without owning an Android device.

It's worth a try to buy whatever deals you want now from Google Play.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can purchase apps even without owning an Android device.

99% sure you cant, when you are downloading or purchasing an app from the Play Store Website you need to select a device to download it to.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:

I actually do have a device - a smartphone. The fact that this did not occur to me sooner tells you how much I use my phone. I'll just have to clear all the "not enough memory to install" errors that will pile up in the process but it should work until I run into one that's not compatible.

Edit to add: Well, every app I wanted today (5 total) was also compatible with my phone so I was able to get them.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 09-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
So I finally got the work I needed to justify getting the tablet. That having been said, mom's cooking her special cheeseburgers tonight and the tablet can wait a few hours.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #20
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
New 25 cent items today - I bought ez PDF Reader Pro. There's also some great games on offer.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
New 25 cent items today - I bought ez PDF Reader Pro. There's also some great games on offer.
Yeah! "Rebuild" is a real hoot. Turn-based real-time strategy. Sim City in a Zombie Apocalypse. Dr. Drib will love it. Well worth a quarter, even if you don't replay. (Home page says there are seven possible wining endings, but I've only found six so far...)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Nothing of interest for me in any of the deals.
IF you a owned a android device and not made a sniping comment mr monkey then you would of known that there where 25x each day of different Apps,books movies to choose from.

So a Grand total of 125 Apps of your choice from the 5 day sale
From the response so far from other posters ,they where more than happy with the good will gesture from google including myself.

I purchased
OfficeSuite Pro 6 + (PDF & HD) normal price -£9.60 -$14.99
Horn -£5.07 - $6.99
Dark knight rises - £4.99- $6.99
Runtime Pro - £3.99 - $3.99
Bus checker UK £2.49 -

Total price before the sale - £26.14/ $32.99

Sale price £2.50 / $1.25

Real cost to me - Nothing as i used some of my $25 free credit from my nexus 7

I would guess that google gave away millions of dollars of media and Apps in that 5 day period to the millions of android mobile phone and tablets users, which plenty of us appreciate.

There's a old proverb in my country - 'Dont look a gift horse in the mouth'

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Agreed. I passed on the games because it's not my thing, but some of the apps are very useful, and at 25c there's really no reason not to pull the trigger.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #24
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I got a couple of games. For testing purposes. Grabbed a few awesome apps but missed out on some because they weren't compatible with my phone and my tablet didn't arrive till last evening. Still got some sweet deals, though.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #25
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I grabbed a couple of simple games and kid's apps. Great to have the ad-free versions.
I also got EzPDF and a couple of other utilities for myself and I also sent a couple to my daughter's new Galaxy Tab.
Altogether I spent around $2.50. Guess I'l'l have to watch my expenses for while now.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote