Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Well, now I'm in trouble. I downloaded, extracted, and moved the file to the root of my card. I got the android guy, and it rebooted to the splash screen saying 20110116 in the corner. It flickered, and the same splashscreen came up again, as usual. But it froze there. It does not move on or change in any way. I can no longer turn the device off except for as long as I hold the reset button in. So I tried rolling it back to yesterday's version by deleting today's file from the card (and noticed there is no longer a LOST dir) and putting yesterday's file on. Now I have 20110115 in the corner, but it's still frozen, as in the splash screen doesn't change, and I can't power off. So I tried the last PB version. It's still frozen on yesterday's splash screen. FWIW, when I plug it into my PC, everything looks normal. I guess I'll have to wait for the battery to discharge to get it to shut off. Any ideas what I can try? The only way I know how to do a factory reset is from Privacy, and since I can't get to it, that won't work. The reset button on the top only works for as long as I hold it in, and then it boots to the splash screen and stops.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Well, now I'm in trouble. I downloaded, extracted, and moved the file to the root of my card. I got the android guy, and it rebooted to the splash screen saying 20110116 in the corner. It flickered, and the same splashscreen came up again, as usual. But it froze there. It does not move on or change in any way. I can no longer turn the device off except for as long as I hold the reset button in. So I tried rolling it back to yesterday's version by deleting today's file from the card (and noticed there is no longer a LOST dir) and putting yesterday's file on. Now I have 20110115 in the corner, but it's still frozen, as in the splash screen doesn't change, and I can't power off. So I tried the last PB version. It's still frozen on yesterday's splash screen. FWIW, when I plug it into my PC, everything looks normal. I guess I'll have to wait for the battery to discharge to get it to shut off. Any ideas what I can try? The only way I know how to do a factory reset is from Privacy, and since I can't get to it, that won't work. The reset button on the top only works for as long as I hold it in, and then it boots to the splash screen and stops.
Open the back cover and unplug the battery. Do not place more than one f/w update on the SD card and try again.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Thank you for the firmware. That is some great work.

Now... Perhaps you could take a look at this and see what you can do, since both readers are similar?

cyanogenMod 6 for Pandigital Novel
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unplugged battery for a couple of min, put most recent PB FW on card (I always take off all other versions--only one at a time, and nothing else on the card at all). No change. Boots up to 20110115, and freezes. No LOST dir created, which is a first for me--every time I've updated in the past, I get a LOST dir on the card. But not any more. Not with yesterday's (I did yesterday), not today's, and not with the PB (I did when I first installed it).
Old 01-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #20
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Unplugged battery for a couple of min, put most recent PB FW on card (I always take off all other versions--only one at a time, and nothing else on the card at all). No change. Boots up to 20110115, and freezes. No LOST dir created, which is a first for me--every time I've updated in the past, I get a LOST dir on the card. But not any more. Not with yesterday's (I did yesterday), not today's, and not with the PB (I did when I first installed it).
Not sure if this will work, but try flashing version 2.02 first, then flash version 2.03.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #21
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Unplug battery to shutdown the device, press and hold "Vol+" while pressing and holding "Power On". Release the buttons once the boot logo shows up. If the flash process aborts you just may just have a damaged filesystem on your external SD card.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #22
MmavisO
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Not sure if this will work, but try flashing version 2.02 first, then flash version 2.03.

Cheers
That seems to have worked! All the mucking around did uninstall most of my stuff, but my books were all on a (totally different) card, and I did back everything up. So rebuilding shouldn't take too long.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #23
ddj
ddj began at the beginning.

Thanks for the sideloading fix coredump!!!

Nice and fast firmware this way, and what makes me reallly happy is the working ap2sd !!!!
Tried that with 20 different instructions without any luck! Now I can fill my pb with all kinds of useless apps

Thanks again!
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #24
IEHBR
IEHBR began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
thanks for a good work!

I want to ask, if you can put new openGL drivers in your firmware?
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=13728.0

sorry for my english)
IEHBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
tasha326
tasha326 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemeok View Post
Perhaps I'm somewhat obtuse, but how do you install new firmware if you don't have an external SD card. This doesn't just apply to your update, as far as I can see the Pocketbook manual also assume you'll load the firmware to an external card. Is it impossible to update by loading it to the device directly? Does this mean I have to buy the card?
Ah.. as far as i can tell u need to use an sd card. Honestly for me the slideme app would not even work if i did not have one in. They are not expenisve at all I just got a 4 gig micro sd with the adapter thing for 12 bucks at walmart. Before that i was using my 2 gig for my phone.
tasha326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
Atamgp
Atamgp began at the beginning.

Device: IQ
"Add your androidID and reboot."

What do you mean by this?
My google account works as i can see my new emails.

But when i start android market:

"A server error occured....blah blah blah"

Regards

Atam
Atamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamgp View Post
"Add your androidID and reboot."

What do you mean by this?
My google account works as i can see my new emails.

But when i start android market:

"A server error occured....blah blah blah"

Regards

Atam
You need to get an AndroidID either by way of an emulator or from an Android device.

Read post 10 of this thread, there is instruction on how to get an AndroidID:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113048

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-17-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: add post number
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #28
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
  • Wait for Gmail to sync (gtalk will FC on you until it is properly synced)

Presumably FC = force close?

That is the issue I'm having. My gmail is fully up to date and this still occurs, any other reasons for gtalk auto closing?
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #29
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEHBR View Post
thanks for a good work!

I want to ask, if you can put new openGL drivers in your firmware?
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=13728.0

sorry for my english)
Don't forget the ARM11 optimization as well... got my IQ from a score of 182 to 197 with Quadrant Standard... and from 1 FPS to 5 FPS in the Gfx test. Not bad at all

Edit: 197 was without JIT... just got the JIT one and got 220!! My IQ is on fire now

Last edited by Icewyng; 01-17-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #30
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Presumably FC = force close?

That is the issue I'm having. My gmail is fully up to date and this still occurs, any other reasons for gtalk auto closing?
I don't know why it happens, but I do know that it goes away shortly after setup, possibly after a reboot.