Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
iwanme
iwanme began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey Frontlight HD
Light fading after update

Hi,
I have a problem with my Odyssey HD Frontlight.
After the update to build 1847 (I do not recall what was the previous version, build 1847 is from thalia.de site LINK ) the light of the screen switches off after several seconds (2-4 sec.) if no button is pressed or the screen is not touched. After making any action (like touching the touchscreen or putting the button) the light goes on again and so on.

I do not now if it's a power saving feature (If so, anyone knows where can I change the time after which the light switches off?) or an error in the software.

The hardware should rather be ok, it worked fine before and the lighting of the screen worked ok when i run the test in the service mode.

I tried installing other firmware version via uSD card but the reader would not let me install older version (for example build 1780 from bokeen site) .
Is there any way I can bypass it?
iwanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
My build is 1780. Definitively don't have this issue.

Guess it have something to do with
http://bookeen.com/blog/cloud-soluti...tsche-telekom/

Maybe you should try to contact talia and/or bookeen to see if it's a known issue.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
1847 here too.
I don't have that issue, works the same as it did with 1780.

I was not aware that a downgrade is not possible, havn't tried it (and don't intend to do so)

@Eowyn, yes this one is about the cloud. But it's not worth it, no reason to upgrade from 1780.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build 1847, firmware downgrade, hd frontlight, update problems