Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #31
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Technical Details

* High Quality, high capacity, light weight rechargeable DC 3.7V Li-Polymer 1000mAh battery.
* Longer battery life than the original battery that comes with the Mobile Phone.
* No memory effect. Can be charged or discharged as needed without loss of capacity.
* Overcharge protection, with built-in battery life microchip.
* 12 months Manufacturer warranty
I wouldn't be so sure that you have the correct battery there. The email only lists specs, not an actual part number. The battery may produce the correct voltage and amperage, but there is no guarantee that it will fit or connect in the correct fashion given the limited information you googled.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #32
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Speaking from experience looking for a replacement battery for my Gen3, most of the li-polymer batteries for cell phone, pda's, and book readers have the same specs (3.7V, 1000mAh) and look similar in the photos but are all different sizes and have different connectors. I can't find the picture that Robertb posted earlier and I can't pop the back off of my Pocket Pro at the moment, but somewhere on the battery there should be a 6 digit number similar to 503456 (This is the number off of my cybook battery). This number tells you what physical size the battery is - in the cybook's case the battery is 5mm deep x 34mm wide x 56mm long. Unfortunately, even if you can find a battery that matches the dimensions you are looking for, it's unlikely that the connector will be correct. It seems like every device has a different connector!

Astak's price of $14.99 for a replacement battery isn't bad. Bookeen charges $40.00 for the Gen3's replacement batteries (that and the $30.00 shipping fee is one of the reasons I decided to purchase a Pocket Pro).
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #33
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
there should be a 6 digit number similar to 503456 (This is the number off of my cybook battery). This number tells you what physical size the battery is - in the cybook's case the battery is 5mm deep x 34mm wide x 56mm long. .
The number is "v5-364560" based upon the picture in the thread about the colour peeling off.

I checked the website of the company that manufactures these things and left them a message enquiring about getting batteries for what they call the eReader V5.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=42

We'll see if they respond.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #34
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Googling brought up this based on Amy's email.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P13RSK/...SIN=B001P13RSK
not so sure, those specs are very general
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #35
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pictures I once posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
Speaking from experience looking for a replacement battery for my Gen3, most of the li-polymer batteries for cell phone, pda's, and book readers have the same specs (3.7V, 1000mAh) and look similar in the photos but are all different sizes and have different connectors. I can't find the picture that Robertb posted earlier and I can't pop the back off of my Pocket Pro at the moment, but somewhere on the battery there should be a 6 digit number similar to 503456 (This is the number off of my cybook battery). This number tells you what physical size the battery is - in the cybook's case the battery is 5mm deep x 34mm wide x 56mm long. Unfortunately, even if you can find a battery that matches the dimensions you are looking for, it's unlikely that the connector will be correct. It seems like every device has a different connector!

Astak's price of $14.99 for a replacement battery isn't bad. Bookeen charges $40.00 for the Gen3's replacement batteries (that and the $30.00 shipping fee is one of the reasons I decided to purchase a Pocket Pro).
Dear ALL:

I have attached two shots of the battery to facilitate finding it online. We have forty in stock; but welcome your efforts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO battery  and writing.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	849.6 KB
ID:	36343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO battery with ruler.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	713.2 KB
ID:	36344  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #36
SDRebel
Addict

after the lock up problem I had, and the non-easily replaceable (not as easy to find as promised) , I am thinking about asking for refund and ordering a kind 2 refurbished....I know it's the dark side but....tempting for $220.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #37
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
The key is GB/T18287-2000. That's your battery right?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #38
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear ALL:

I have attached two shots of the battery to facilitate finding it online. We have forty in stock; but welcome your efforts.
what number did your colleague used to find the battery online that time you told us about it?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #39
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
The key is GB/T18287-2000. That's your battery right?
I think it was said before that that number is a generic number
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #40
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Im more interested in hearing from the factory what they say about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
The number is "v5-364560" based upon the picture in the thread about the colour peeling off.

I checked the website of the company that manufactures these things and left them a message enquiring about getting batteries for what they call the eReader V5.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=42

We'll see if they respond.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #41
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
after the lock up problem I had, and the non-easily replaceable (not as easy to find as promised) , I am thinking about asking for refund and ordering a kind 2 refurbished....I know it's the dark side but....tempting for $220.
$20 beats the future $100 though right?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #42
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
$20 beats the future $100 though right?
but not the $10 suggested by Robert....besides, I'm sure people will find a way to find the battery for the kindle just like they did for the sony....if they haven't already
Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #43
Xerxes
Addict

Click the image to see where I got the pic from. It maybe a SOL situation.

Last edited by Xerxes; 09-23-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Googling brought up this based on Amy's email.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P13RSK/...SIN=B001P13RSK
Folks
Technician mode on:
Voltage, Discharge capacity and (power) cell technology are NOT the only specification when buying a replacement battery.
Other factors are Form Factor (shape), Terminal or Lead-connector configuration-size.
If you have a lot of specialized electronics assembly tools, you might be able to modify an existing battery pack.
I don't recommend you try it. You do it wrong and you may damage your PEZ or create a fire.
Those Laptop battery fires in the news, were Li-ion batteries that charging monitoring failed.
The battery in the PEZ is physically larger than that LG phone battery (I have that battery in my phone)
Technician mode off:

I am disappointed that Jinke chose a non-common battery pack for the re-supply problems you have noted.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 AM   #45
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
but not the $10 suggested by Robert....besides, I'm sure people will find a way to find the battery for the kindle just like they did for the sony....if they haven't already
Your waning faith effects me. I seen your name on other forms waiting for the PP. Now this Kindle talk.

Much to consider now. Batteries never were a big issue for me but still... and yes I know Robert, 30 reviewers and the rest of the board of happy people. That's all good. Just taking a step back and continuing my research.