Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #16
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
That is just the cover I think.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yes, just the lighted cover.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, but they only ship within Canada.
D'OH! Well I guess one could make friends with someone in Canada who could purchase it for them. I went the slightly pricier route of shopereaders.com. They do ship to the U.S. Hopefully it will turn up at my door fairly soon.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
That is just the cover I think.

Helen
No, Helen you are correct that is just for the lighted cover.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
luvduchovny
Zealot

Now if you just have to ebay... I shortened the links:

This one was used in 'drop tests' according to the description:
[Shortened URLs deleted - MODERATOR]

Shipping is high on this one but it is a buy it now:

In Red:

In White:

Disclaimer: Don't work for ebay, I have no dog in this hunt.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #21
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
is an option no?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-PRSA-CL3...uhb=1#shpCntId

buy it now 96.00 USD free ship

* note I do not profit nor gain from this ebay listing. no affiliation.
I wouldn't buy it from them. The seller is in Japan. 98.6% feedback is not so hot for a seller on eBay. Lots of Negatives & Neutrals & revised feedback comments. Stock photos, not actual photos of the item...eBay feedback percentage isn't like a test score where 98.6 would be pretty good. On eBay, it's not so hot.

I'd pass. In addition to the fact that you'd most likely be getting the Japanese version with no way to switch it to English like someone on here keeps desperately trying to do. It retails for $130 in Canada. This guy is selling it for less FROM Japan. It smells bad to me. Just saying.....

Just noticed along with the others, that it's just the cover for sale. Definitely wouldn't buy it from them. That's nuts!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
Now if you just have to ebay... I shortened the links:

This one was used in 'drop tests' according to the description:

Shipping is high on this one but it is a buy it now:

In Red:

In White:

Disclaimer: Don't work for ebay, I have no dog in this hunt.
GOOD LORD that seller is awful! Run like he's Jason Vorrhees away from this guy. Holy smokes! 93% feedback!! $71 to ship?!?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #23
Eric Muller
Connoisseur
Eric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolate

Device: Opus
T3S (no cover) on sony.ca

The PRS-T3SBC is now available on sony.ca for $99. Unfortunately, they don't ship to the USA.
Eric Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
cordy
cordy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
In case someone need a Sony PRS T3 A reseller in France is selling them

The T2 for 99 € = $ 135
The T3 for 119 € = $ 162

http://www.darty.com/nav/achat/audio...ony__SONY.html

I don't mind helping anyone

Sam
cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #25
luvduchovny
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
GOOD LORD that seller is awful! Run like he's Jason Vorrhees away from this guy. Holy smokes! 93% feedback!! $71 to ship?!?
I thought the shipping was more than a bit on the high side. But they were listed as being sold in Canada. And really if I were to get one (well I am) I think it would be easier with the Canadian one rather than one from another country. And yeah I would stay away from the ones from Japan (unless I could read Japanese, which I can't). I just was listing the ebay stuff that was there.

I haven't ebay'ed (yes I'm making it a verb) in years.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #26
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

eBaying is most definitely a verb! lol
Old 12-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
eBaying is most definitely a verb! lol
............................ and very silly ...............

(with apol's to Monty Python .....)
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
Eric Muller
Connoisseur
Eric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolateEric Muller is generous with chocolate

Device: Opus
PRS-T3 for US shoppers.

Archambault (http://www.archambault.ca/) in Canada has the PRS-T3 for CAD 130, and I believe they ship to the US for CAD 20.

They don't have the T3S on their site, but I sent and enquiry.

Eric.
Eric Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #29
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
It is there.
http://www.archambault.ca/electronic...80000000-en-ct

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #30
luvduchovny
Zealot

Sony store in Canada sells them for $99 w/o the cover or $129 with the cover. I have no idea if they ship to the U.S. but I don't see why not.

http://store.sony.ca/-/cat-31-catid-All-eReaders

I got mine finally in the mail on Monday. I really like it a lot. It's much smaller than I thought it would be. The trick with the lighted cover (hey I was making this a birthday gift to me I sprung for the lighted cover too). Didn't work until I had charged the reader to 100% (which it nicely says 100% when fully charged these days as oppose to seeing if the red light vanished from reader when charging). It sucked up my sd card pulled from my T1 like a champ. Even remember the page I was on in the story I was reading.

I had trouble getting the Adobe ID to log on the device until I plugged it into a computer and it worked then. Now to figure out what to do with the T1. It's well loved, the fake silver patina of the forward button has worn off, but otherwise it still works fine.

Last edited by luvduchovny; 12-05-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add link