Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Amazon order 5 million Amazon smartphones from Foxconn

http://www.androidauthority.com/amaz...tphone-140608/

Quote:
According to a recent report from Taiwan Economic News, the Amazon phone is real, and Foxconn won an exclusive contract to make the device. The bill of materials is allegedly going to be anywhere between $100 and $200, which frankly doesn’t tell us much. The number we want to focus on is 5 million. That’s supposedly how many smartphones Amazon wants Foxconn wants to make for them in 2013.

When will this so called Amazon phone be announced? The report says somewhere between the second quarter and the third quarter. Put another way, that’s any time between April and September.
We know that Amazon is working on a smartphone.

We just don't know when it will be released and what the name will be.

Kindlephone?
kphone?
Kindle Blaze?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzinga...le-smartphone/
Amazon's Jeff Bezos Practically Confirms the Kindle Smartphone

Another article from 3 weeks ago....
http://www.businessinsider.com/foxco...-phone-2012-11
Foxconn Said To Be Building An Amazon Smartphone For Mid-2013 Launch

Quote:
Foxconn, the same company that makes iPhones and iPads for Apple, now has a contract to make a new smartphone for Amazon, according to DigiTimes.

Last edited by Top100EbooksRank; 12-17-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
There is already a Samsung phone called the Blaze, so I wouldn't bet on that being the name.

I'm perfectly happy with my Nexus 4. Paying $40 a month less than when I was with Verizon, contract free, and my phone only cost me $100 more than an on contract phone. No bloatware from carriers either.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post
http://www.androidauthority.com/amaz...tphone-140608/

Kindlephone?
kphone?
Kindle Blaze?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzinga...le-smartphone/
Amazon's Jeff Bezos Practically Confirms the Kindle Smartphone

Another article from 3 weeks ago....
http://www.businessinsider.com/foxco...-phone-2012-11
Foxconn Said To Be Building An Amazon Smartphone For Mid-2013 Launch
Ooooooo.... said the little round things with 3 eyes as they watched.

Me too, I said.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post

Kindlephone?
kphone?
Kindle Blaze?
The Spark

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
The Spark

Carol
Or they could go with a short catchy name - Kindle Phone HD 4.7" 4G LTE Wireless - just like the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
There is already a Samsung phone called the Blaze, so I wouldn't bet on that being the name.

I'm perfectly happy with my Nexus 4. Paying $40 a month less than when I was with Verizon, contract free, and my phone only cost me $100 more than an on contract phone. No bloatware from carriers either.
I have been meaning to order one, but waiting for weeks, and weeeeeeeeks for it to be delivered made me reconsider. If the Amazon phone has TTS and an eink panel on the back, and comes without a contract or SIM lock in quad-band, I'm sold!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Or they could go with a short catchy name - Kindle Phone HD 4.7" 4G LTE Wireless - just like the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Wireless
They could call it "Lighter".
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Maybe the 4G LITE Wireless?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I would name it: Ember
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
With Amazon's penchant for locking down devices, I really hope this phone venture will be an enormous flop that will teach Amazon a lesson that leads to more open devices.

In reality, millions of people will not care whether they can do something as simple as change a background and the phones will sell like hotcakes. Take that, Amazon.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
4G LITE my Fire?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I would name it: Ember
I like that

Carol
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The devil is in the details (the calling plan). There are plenty of nice smartphones out there but I haven't seen a contract that meets my requirements (equivalent to the prepaid plan I currently have). I'm hopeful that Amazon can come up with something disruptive.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
call it; flop
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote