andreiastra began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
Ok. Got it. Thanks, kacir.
andreiastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #17
Patarch21
Patarch21 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
About the updating, it should be made clear when you say reset as to whether you mean resetting using the button by the battery or whether you mean resetting the device within the software.

I found that when loading the new firmware I needed to reset it within the setting on the device, not by pressing the reset on the back of the unit. The new features of the firmware only worked once i did this
Patarch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarch21 View Post
About the updating, it should be made clear when you say reset as to whether you mean resetting using the button by the battery or whether you mean resetting the device within the software.

I found that when loading the new firmware I needed to reset it within the setting on the device, not by pressing the reset on the back of the unit. The new features of the firmware only worked once i did this
In fact, you don't have to do anything:

Quote:
7. Press the center “OK” key. The upgade process takes about 2 minutes. After it is finished, the display will show the following message «Upgrade OK. Now please reset the device».
8. You don’t have to manually reset your Pocketbook 360, as it resets automatically.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #19
petricek
petricek began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
IMPORTANT Instruction for Pocketbook 302 firmware upgrade

Point no. 5 as above will not work for PB302 and you will get the warning message in German like Das Gerät lauft im Sicherheitsmodus.....

For Pocketbook 302 it should be as below
5. Holding both Big side buttons (page Down buttons) simultaneously,
press the “On/Off” button as if you were turing the device on. IMPORTANT: both the Page down buttons must be released ONLY after the message «Firmware update» appears on the top of the display (after the logo appears and dissapears! - don't release buttons after the logo appears - wait untill it goes away and you see «Firmware update» words!)

Change is, you need to press and hold only both the page down buttons (not the centre button also).
THANKS!!!! I've been already cursing the stupid german message!
petricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
CIS firmware

CIS -Couldn't would it mean "Commonwealth of Independent States?"
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
CIS -Couldn't would it mean "Commonwealth of Independent States?"
Yes, this is what it means.
Ukraine - the country where the PocketBook company has headquarters and where programmers - "Guys in Kiev" Also Known As GiK (TM) live is an [unofficial] member of the CIS, together with Russia and some other former states of Soviet Union.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #22
jane10021
jane10021 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3, pocketbook 360
I recently bought a pocketbook 360, but I can't find any firmware on the internet. And the link above gives only 14.2 and 15.1, while 15.2 should be better. Any idea where I can find this firmware?
And is the turning of the pages any better in this new version, because I find it very slow and irritating. 14.2 is installed on the device. Every time I turn a page it goes away, then black then away again and finally a new page.
jane10021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Jane,
you will find 15.3 and 14.2 (considered by many more stable than any of the 15 versions) on the Pocketbook USA website.
I do not think the 15.2 is available any longer on any website, as replaced by the 15.3, bur perhaps some user still on it can upload it for you.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #24
jane10021
jane10021 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3, pocketbook 360
Thanks, I found it. Yesterday, when I searched for the sites from Pocketbook (usa, de, nl...) all I got was an 'ooops' from google. None of the sites seemed to excist anymore. But now it seems to work again, thanks.
jane10021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #25
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
great!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #26
jstricks87
jstricks87 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360+
A pocketbpook 360+ boots off of a 2GB internal SD card that is partitioned into 4 parts.
31MB Fat32, 144MB Partition, 239MB partition and 1.43GB partition.

Can someone please create a torrent with all the boot files so that I can get my 360+ working again? Or if they have a broken screen 360+ let me buy the boot SD card from them and I will post the fix?
jstricks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstricks87 View Post
A pocketbpook 360+ boots off of a 2GB internal SD card that is partitioned into 4 parts.
31MB Fat32, 144MB Partition, 239MB partition and 1.43GB partition.

Can someone please create a torrent with all the boot files so that I can get my 360+ working again? Or if they have a broken screen 360+ let me buy the boot SD card from them and I will post the fix?
Moderator Notice
Do not ask for copyrighted files, or you will be immediately banned. This is the only warning you will receive.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do not ask for copyrighted files, or you will be immediately banned. This is the only warning you will receive.
This is not a piracy.
This is more like asking for copy of the bios chip, because the one in your motherboard got corrupted during botched firmware update.
The files are useless without the device and he DID purchase the device with the files inside originally. So he did pay for the firmware. I guess he just managed to get that internal memory damaged, so he needs a fresh copy.

It is not like he wants to rip off the creators, or try to use PocketBook firmware on Kindle or whatever.

I know, strictly technically it is still copyright infringement, but come on ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
jstricks87, have you tried making a firmware update? Does this file help you?

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/node/3817
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
jstricks87
jstricks87 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360+
No because this cab seems to unpack in the OS portion of the device, not the boot strapper thingy.
Thanks though. I am sorry if the mods feel like the request for info on repairing my device is not allowed. I will discontinue requesting the files. If anyone would like to collaborate with me further or has any questions on how I got this far they can probably find me on Facebook, gmail, reedit or via pm.

Great forum here though! Tons of useful info.
jstricks87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook301 firmware