Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Product Reviews??

As a user I am also excited about the recent opening of the iLiad by iRex, but maybe not in exactly the same way. It is a delight to see many people here eager to get busy making apps and coding. Since I have no ability in that direction, I am just looking forward to seeing neat software for my favorite reader coming out.

I would be interested in 'reviewing' these programs as they are finalized. I have a fansite (see link below in signature) and propose to post reviews there. I would describe myself as a poweruser, but not a developer, and my interest is in the user angle of these programs, not the details of their construction etc.

If you are writingn shareware links to the site etc are natural, and I am happy to post links to review on the wiki page also.

Not bricking my own iLiad is of course also a priority...

I would be interested in knowing whether there is any interest amongst the developers for this. I hope this non-technical post is still OK here in the Developer's Corner.

I appreciate what you are doing for the users!

Oliver
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
would you also review Apps/Scripts, that are not directly running on the iLiad but help to create/put together content for it?
(you all know why)
edit: shoot it, i just have seen you are a Mac user, so my AutoIt3 scripts are worthless for you then.

Last edited by b_k; 11-18-2006 at 10:55 AM.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_k
would you also review Apps/Scripts, that are not directly running on the iLiad but help to create/put together content for it?
(you all know why)
edit: shoot it, i just have seen you are a Mac user, so my AutoIt3 scripts are worthless for you then.

Sure - I may need some guidance.

I do have access to a PC at work, and when I hold my nose I can even use it...

Send me a link by pm or post it here.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #4
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8145
The attachments contain only the script files, you will need to download the AutoIt interpreter from it's homepage. And be sure to use the latest version of my script, the others don't work correctly.

I think I will have to add the ability to read a list of files created with "dir /b" or from a filemanager like FreeCommander or similar. That would make sorting easier.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote