Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Having got this far with my 8 complete volumes (and a 9th almost done) of my anthology of Sir Henry Rider Haggard's works (that's 35 novels, if I've counted correctly, up to Vol 9) I hope you'll forgive my self-indulgence in deciding that I may as well go the whole way and make this series into a "Complete Works" (or as complete as PG has, at least).

The volumes I've done so far are mostly books of his that I've read; the ones from here on in will be "unexplored territory" for me too. I've never read anything of Haggard's that I've not enjoyed though so, as I say, please forgive my indulgence in doing these remaining volumes purely for my own future reading pleasure, and understand that the book descriptions from now on will be a little vague, or even non-existant. I will intersperse them with things of more general interest.

What I plan to do from now on with the Haggard is basically do volumes pretty much in order of publication date, carrying on with four novels per volume. I'll leave the non-fiction until last, and finish up with his autobiography. I would guess that I'm about half way through his complete works, something like that.

I hope that these works bring pleasure to other people too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #32
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I've never read Haggaard before but based on your other interests -- Vern, Burroughs, Doyle -- I'll give them a try. The worst that could happen is that I like them and read all of them and forget my own work.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I've never read Haggaard before but based on your other interests -- Vern, Burroughs, Doyle -- I'll give them a try. The worst that could happen is that I like them and read all of them and forget my own work.
that's the last we'll hear from him for a while. they're like potato chips, you can't eat just one.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should anyone be interested, I've now uploaded fully illustrated versions of all six of Jane Austen's novels:

Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
Persuasion
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
Emma

Each has 24 full-page watercolour illustrations by the eminent Victorian illustrator C.E.Brock.

Hope these are of interest to someone.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #35
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Please plunder also the SF Bookshelf of PG. Namely the recently posted E. E. Smith works and H. Beam Piper.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Look forward to seeing your conversion work on those, Robert .
Old 04-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #37
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Hey I am working on some of the SF stuff as we speak. Right now I am working on Space Prison (otherwise known The Survivors) and I'm going to do H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy.

Working on those today, so look for them later today and tomorrow...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I could already be finished with H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy. Just have to check it out now that it's created.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #39
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Ahh, ok, well I had just started on the cover artwork for it and didn't have a chance to convert the text---so well done!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer
Ahh, ok, well I had just started on the cover artwork for it and didn't have a chance to convert the text---so well done!
if you have a better cover then the one I used, feel free to post it and I'll make a version using your cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #41
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
I only have a Palm T3 and no time to work on my Mobipocket converter.
My idea is to create .opf files and use the various converters already available. MS Litgen OCX, Mobipocket mobigen.exe etc. For several other generator programs an .opf frontend could be written.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

This is excellent - really good to see so many new book uploads. Keep them coming!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #43
tsgreer

Hey all, I am working on posting all of the public domain Robert E. Howard stories I can find. Specifically Conan and Solomon Kane, but other stuff that crops up as well...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #44
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard
Please plunder also the SF Bookshelf of PG. Namely the recently posted E. E. Smith works and H. Beam Piper.
I'll take up that challenge and do one of my childhood favorites, The Spacehounds of IPC by E.E. "Doc" Smith.

One summer my uncle gave me a copy along with a bag of other paperbacks, none of which I still remember. It was a great read.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #45
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
I envy you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
If you've not read Haggard yet then, in a way, I envy you. I remember my first time through his books. They are inspiring. Once you read one you won't be able to set them down. I recommend She or Allan Quartermain first.
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote