Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
feisley
feisley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 for Christmas

Greetings everyone!

I appear to be one of many people that received Sony PRS-505's for Christmas this year. I look forward to learning all the tricks this device can do as well as delving into some hacking as well ;-)

Cheers,

Jacob
feisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Ooh, very nice present!

Welcome to the 505 club!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
feisley
feisley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks!

As an aside, I must say that "calibre" is the best thing I have found for the 505 so today. Absolutely amazing piece of software. It also holds a special place in my heart as I am a Python developer... (perhaps I can contribute some patches)
feisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy ebook reading Jacob
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jacob and welcome to the Forum. Lots of friendly 505 owners here
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by feisley View Post
Thanks!

As an aside, I must say that "calibre" is the best thing I have found for the 505 so today. Absolutely amazing piece of software. It also holds a special place in my heart as I am a Python developer... (perhaps I can contribute some patches)
Oh... excellent. Calibre is written in python and there are many items in the ticket system that Kovid can't get to... or is a lower priority to him than to others. I am sure he will love the help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
stennie
stennie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I got one for Christmas too (thanks Mom!). Looking forward to browsing through these forums to find some good tips & tricks. I love the reader so far -- just wish it had a backlight feature!
stennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stennie View Post
I got one for Christmas too (thanks Mom!). Looking forward to browsing through these forums to find some good tips & tricks. I love the reader so far -- just wish it had a backlight feature!
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a great gift. Since I never read a book with a back light moving to a reader without a back light seemed very natural. You should be able to read on your reader using the same reading light that you read your paper books with.

Enjoy,
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I got a Cybook Gen3 for Christmas and loving it! So there
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by feisley View Post
Thanks!

Patches are always welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote