Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Official Amazon Kindle Touch cover fits Paperwhite??

Does anyone here have both devices and would be able to slide the PW into the offical Amazon Kindle Touch case?
I know the PW is slightly smaller, but could you try it anyway and report back? Does it fall out or just look silly?

I am on the verge of getting the official PW case, but could instead buy the KT case for a tenth of the price on Ebay. I already own and love the similar looking, official Amazon case on my K4 (picked them up for $3 and $7 at Target a few weeks ago).
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Nope. The way the fitting is done on the original touch cover, the kindle has to have the exact dimensions of a touch. It is not a slide system, it is a clasp one (if that makes any sense....)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Clasp, yes, sorry, I used the wrong term. Suppose you had piece of felt that is a bit bigger than the case itself, and you put it between the device and the case, before you push the device down on into the case? That could help it close the gap between them. Do you think that could work? Am I making any sense at all?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, you are making sense, don't worry . That could work, but I don't know how well that would hold the kindle.

I find the touch cover ugly, which is the reason the only original cover I have is for our KK (now that's a great cover), so I will not try it myself. I also don't like the new ones too much I must say, I need an elastic to be able to hold the front part of the cover with it when I read and slip my hand between back and front to hold the reader. That way I just need to move my thumb to turn the pages and my hand is not holding tight to anything (yep, I am that lazy ).

Last edited by aceflor; 10-08-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
xendula
eBookworm

I tried the KT cover at my local Walmart (yes, I went there on purpose only to try it on), and will buy one if I find it for a few bucks that I can cover with felt and ribbons. I'm thinking this could be a nice project for a rainy weekend, and I would not want to distroy an expensive case for this.

I am not crazy about the colors of the PW covers either, and don't like the silver colored buckle. I am already thinking about how to hide/disguise it so I don't have to look at it when my case gets here. I wish they had used copper instead. Or no clasp on the ouside.

Last edited by xendula; 10-08-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard

See, I am warming up to the covers now that I have seen real (as in customers) pics of it, or at least the persimmon one. But I first want to get the PW and see if it is a keeper. Then I will decide on the cover.