pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Can I charge Kindle 4 in car

The title says it all, can I charge my Kindle 4 when travelling in car
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you get a charger that will connect the Kindle to the power outlet in the car. They are available.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Well, 30 seconds with Google suggests yes.

But, I am in the UK and not Australia, so maybe you need to google it yourself to be sure.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
pamay
pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Thanks for the replies
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Pretty much any electronics shop should sell a 12-volt cigarette lighter USB adapter, which is technically what you need. They're ubiquitous now with so much stuff which runs off USB, and most will work with the Kindle, which has very modest power needs.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
In the USA, the local "Dollar Tree" stores sell 12V automobile cigarette lighter socket USB chargers that have a 500mA USB jack and a 1000mA USB jack, for only $1 USD. Of course, their selection of merchandise may vary over time and between locations. There are also very cheap units available from China from DealExtreme, or from ebay stores.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
teasonc
teasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Never start the engine (nor shut it off) while anything expensive is attached to accessory wiring. Use the device's on-off switch to disconnect it from the automobile's wiring -- or unplug it, before either transition.

There are protective devices on the market to either moot this point, or reduce its risk.

Can't remember the details, but it is an issue with microelectronics (that's easily avoided if you unplug at the right times).
teasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I obtained mine from Staples some time ago, its a duracell contraption that has three leads coming out of it, one for an ipod, one for a USB and another for a mini-usb. Its really quite helpful if you live in an area like I do where the electricity goes out during the winter on ocasion, <gasp>.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote