Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
livresEnFolie
livresEnFolie began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Itunes DRM

Hi All,

Not sure this is the right section to post this in but here it goes.
I have an ipad as a e-reader but really like Stanza for its night time black background.

I sometimes buy books from the itunes store (legally) but where I get stuck is when I import them into Calibre so I can then access them in Stanza via the Calibre content server. The file is DRM protected and it wont work.

It seems that if I buy it from itunes, I can only read it in ibooks.

I dont want to become a pirate, I just want to be able to read MY book (I paid for it) on the platform I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by livresEnFolie; 11-24-2011 at 10:20 PM.
livresEnFolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Discussion of DRM removal is frowned upon here... however, there are no means to remove DRM from the iTunes purchased material
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I use iBooks as my reader also, but I change my iPad settings in accessibility to white on black for nighttime reading. That could be a solution for you.
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by livresEnFolie View Post
Hi All,

Not sure this is the right section to post this in but here it goes.
I have an ipad as a e-reader but really like Stanza for its night time black background.

I sometimes buy books from the itunes store (legally) but where I get stuck is when I import them into Calibre so I can then access them in Stanza via the Calibre content server. The file is DRM protected and it wont work.

It seems that if I buy it from itunes, I can only read it in ibooks.

I dont want to become a pirate, I just want to be able to read MY book (I paid for it) on the platform I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Most of us only buy books that have no drm or books with drm that can be removed easily. Don't buy from itunes if you want to access your book from devices not made by Apple. In many countries it is legal to remove drm and format shift as long as you are doing it for personal use.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote