Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #811
seacity1
Connoisseur
seacity1 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Yep - I found the setting - Thanks. I knew there had to be a way. Just replaced my HD so no settings saved on anything so taking time to put things back the way they were.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #812
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Dang -- it's been a while since I set it up. Forgot there is a setting.

I usually transfer my settings across.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #813
seacity1
Connoisseur

I had to replace my HD but had Calibre library on back-up. When I reinstalled Calibre it saved most of the settings but I had reinstall the plug ins. I must have had it set to "only selected books" before but default must be whole library as that is what it was doing. Lot of stuff you take for granted until disaster strikes. Even with a back-up no walk in the park to reinstall your OS, all the updates, applications. Also your back up sometimes puts things in the wrong place so stuff has to be moved around. I am on day 3 of this debacle.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #814
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to hear it. I make sure to backup the settings together with my library.

Aside -- it helps to transfer settings when you keep it version controlled with setup scripts a la etckeeper and others. But I do use linux, so chances are I am more obsessed about this than most people.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #815
seacity1
Connoisseur

I think your setting are automatically saved in the .mdb file in Calibre Library. That does not include any 3rd party plug-ins as those are wiped out. Have to be careful about using a recent back-up from a corrupted HD. If the file is sitting in a bad sector you are just copying back garbage. I did lose a lot of pictures and about 40 videos. Ironically most of there were computer related "how to" videos I DL from youtube.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #816
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

Certain settings are stored in the database, but others are saved in .json files in the appdata/plugins folder. QC, which operates the same on any library, uses the latter.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #817
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
I think your setting are automatically saved in the .mdb file in Calibre Library. That does not include any 3rd party plug-ins as those are wiped out. Have to be careful about using a recent back-up from a corrupted HD. If the file is sitting in a bad sector you are just copying back garbage. I did lose a lot of pictures and about 40 videos. Ironically most of there were computer related "how to" videos I DL from youtube.
Calibre does NOT use Access. MDB is Access

Calibres DB, metadata.db contains Specfic Library settings Only

The Preferences section contains the systems per User (even if only one) Settings which should persist over any Library used.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote