Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
CCLady
Enthusiast
CCLady has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle1, Kindle 3 wi-fi 3G, Kindle basic, Kindle Fire
Question Editing metadata on my Kindle

It was my understanding that there is a way to edit metadata of files that are on the Kindle, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I have the 0.7.19 version of Calibre, and a new wi-fi 3G Kindle. I attach the Kindle to the computer, open Calibre and tell it to display the Kindle contents. So far, so good.

If I hover the mouse over a title, a little balloon says "Double click to edit me." Double clicking does nothing. If I select a title, I can't open the Edit Metadata window - it's grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?
CCLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLady View Post
If I hover the mouse over a title, a little balloon says "Double click to edit me." Double clicking does nothing. If I select a title, I can't open the Edit Metadata window - it's grayed out.
I know on the Sony if it set to manual you can edit these fields. I don't think this is true of the Kindle, but typically to edit the metadata for your books you edit the metadata in the main calibre library then resend the updated books to the Kindle.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
CCLady
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I know on the Sony if it set to manual you can edit these fields. I don't think this is true of the Kindle, but typically to edit the metadata for your books you edit the metadata in the main calibre library then resend the updated books to the Kindle.
That's what I've been doing on my K1. It would be easier without the back-and-forth, so if there's a way I'd like to know what it is.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLady View Post
That's what I've been doing on my K1. It would be easier without the back-and-forth, so if there's a way I'd like to know what it is.
Under Preferences - Send books to Device do you have metadata management set to manual management?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
CCLady
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Under Preferences - Send books to Device do you have metadata management set to manual management?
I do.
Advert