Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
provis
provis began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Best 2-up landscape ePub reader for ipad

Hi everyone,

Ive been trying out ePub readers for the iPad, and would like your recommendations on what you personally use to read in landscape, like a real book.

I've used Megareader, but it doesn't preserve the ePub file format.

The dual layout I like best is actually vbookz, but because it's audio-based, page turns tend to be really slow.

The best so far in terms of usability is QQ, but it doesn't allow for changing of type face.

What do you use?

Thank you!
provis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
iBooks?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Yeah I would say iBooks is your best choice if 2 up landscape is a must for you. I haven't seen anything better.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
The kindle app is good, but mobi books only.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
birdydon
birdydon began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia770
@Musashi ePub vs mobi

ePub formatted books (if not DRM protected) are easily converted into the mobi format and vice versa.

Free online converters can be used, ie, www.zamzar.com or with with free offline software, ie, calibre. Calibre is cross platform and is an excellent ebook manager for anyone.

Therefore the choice of an ebook reader on the iPad is not at all limited by the file format. For that matter, owners of Kindle, Nook and other reading devices are in no way limited either.
birdydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
SirReadsalot
SirReadsalot began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have not been blown away by my ipads reader capabilities. Very tempted to get the Kindle fire or the 79 dollar version of the kindle.

I just have trouble unless the light is low all around me with my ipad. Anyone else have this issue?
SirReadsalot is offline   Reply With Quote