Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
melusina
Edge User

Questions after a week with Pocket Edge

First, my pocket edge (whose name is Wahda Lucille) goes with me everywhere. The first accessories I bought her were a screen protector and 3 new purses (I was carrying a tiny wallet on a strap, and I knew that would have to go. I've never named a device, or even a car, but this is definitely a "she"'and really had to have a name. People at the office already know her.

There are still things that perplex me, so here are the lingering questions:

*On the reader, how do I change file names? I thought I saw a way to do this, now I can't find it again. I downloaded one chapter of some original fiction, and the name given to it is the name of the whole website. If I download other chapters, they will all be called the same thing.

*Can I make new folders in the reader? That will help me keep things organized rather than having to scroll through a huge list of undifferentiated stuff. I am sure there's a way.

*I am not doing well with scrolling on the LCD side. I keep accidentally opening things when I want to scroll. I use the stylus along the inner edge, where I see a thin vertical bar, but I get uneven results - sometimes it scrolls, sometimes something opens. Frustrating!

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure I'll be back with more. Feature I have most wished for so far? A way to attach a wrist strap. I am certain I am going to drop her while I am running around with her stuck under my arm and my hands full.

Cheers, and thanks for all your help so far, M.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Hello melusina
1. Long press on the book name and slide your finger over to info, on the screen that opens choose edit at the bottom.
2. Use the file manager ESI to make a folder. Browse to the section you want the folder in and press menu, at the bottom choose new.
3. Scrolling the LCD works better with a finger and firm touch.

Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
paula-t
Edge User

Hi, Melusina, welcome to the Clumsy Scrollers Club.
I have just posted a thread about this. It's really annoying, though I don't know if I get annoyed with the Edge or with myself.
I thought there was a secret technique, like an initiation rite or something they taught you here when you became a Full Fledged Member.
But it seems no, it's just sweat, blood and tears, and perseverance.
Hmmmpf, Roma was not built overnight.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Filark
Edge User

Wrist strap . . . what a good idea!

I would tether mine to the hook on my purse, to make sure I can't drop it while shopping.

Cheyennedonna, thank you so much for your concise answers. I haven't come upon the questions Melusina raised, but I will eventually, and now I know the answers!