Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
Xervantes
Xervantes began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
IQ stuck on 2.0.3 repack firmware

Hello all,

I have been playing with the pocketbook for some days now and I have managed to:
-Flash the 2.0.3 repack
-get the market working
-add the a2sd support
-manually add the custom JIT
-manually add the GL drivers
-add a 32GB class 10 SD card

BUT:

The system has become slower and rather unstable. Programs are loading slowly and sometimes the system crashes. Also when rebooting the local settings are gone (language etc). I think it has to do with the combo of the sd card and a2sd.
So I thought I would start from scratch and reflash the 2.0.2 firmware but this doesn't work. I have tried several firmware but I have not been able to reflash the firmware. I can see the firmware loading (progress bar) for a few seconds and then the system reboots and starts up with the 2.0.3 repack. Even if I keep the + volume button and power button pressed it just repeats this cycle. There is an instant where I can see a yellow screen flashing but I can't see what it reads.
Is there a way to reflash the firmware so that I can start from scratch?

Thanx in advance,

PS I found that gtalk only works after the androidid has been added.

Xervantes
Xervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Have you tried flashing version 2.0.1 and then 2.0.2? That's what I had to do when the repack didn't work out for me.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Xervantes

No, actually I haven't tried that yet but where can I find the 2.0.1 firmware?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I think MmavisO meant first 2.0.2 and then 2.0.3.

I do not know of a 2.0.1.

Flash 2.0.2 and then reflash again again with 2.0.3., this will "clean" the IQ qnd bring it back to an OM stage. Then you can try again the firmware repack, which should work, or leave it at 2.0.3 if you prefer it that way.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
Xervantes

That is my problem. I unpack the firmware on the root of the external sd card shut down the pocketbook and then reboot holding the + volumebutton and the powerbutton. But the device doesn't load the 2.0.2 firmware.
I can see the firmware loading (progress bar) for a few seconds and then the system reboots and starts up with the already installed 2.0.3 repack. Even if I keep the + volume button and power button pressed it just repeats this cycle. There is an instant where I can see a yellow screen flashing but I can't see what it reads.
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervantes View Post
That is my problem. I unpack the firmware on the root of the external sd card shut down the pocketbook and then reboot holding the + volumebutton and the powerbutton. But the device doesn't load the 2.0.2 firmware.
I can see the firmware loading (progress bar) for a few seconds and then the system reboots and starts up with the already installed 2.0.3 repack. Even if I keep the + volume button and power button pressed it just repeats this cycle. There is an instant where I can see a yellow screen flashing but I can't see what it reads.

DO NOT UNPACK IT but paste it as is, a zip file, on its own, on the root of your SD Card which you should format before in order to really "clean" it.
Press first + volume button, keep it pressed, then press the ON button, keep it pressed too until little android guy appears, then release both buttons.

Edit: I just tried to attach the 2.0.2 FW as it should go on the SD card for you to this post, but MR is very very slow indeed this morning. PM me if you need it, I'll email it to you.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #7
Xervantes

Aceflor, thanx for the tip it worked. I dont know what made think that I had to unzip the package. Anyway ty
Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Good ! I am happy it worked !