Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
becsta
Enthusiast
becsta doesn't litterbecsta doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
B&N Packing Nook Color

Hi I have a question for those that ordered their Nook Color from B&N. It might seem a weird question, how is the nook packaged. I dont mean the device in its box but the nook packaging in the box they send in. What do they use to pack around the device box?

The reason I ask is my Nook Color still hasnt cleared what I thought was Customs but apparently it is being held up by our Quarrantine service who would normally be interested in organic matter. The only thing I can think of that might make them hold it up is the packing material.

I have to ring back at 9.45am as that is the 48 hours that they have then held it and I can make an enquiry on why it is held up. It is now 8.30am.

Thanks for your help.
becsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
It is just cardboard and plastic. There is nothing special about the packaging, except that it was done well enough that I am keeping the box as it is so pretty and reusable.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
becsta
Enthusiast
becsta doesn't litterbecsta doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
I am thinking of more what is in the box that the device box is in. Do they pack around the box with those packing beans, newspaper etc.
becsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by becsta View Post
I am thinking of more what is in the box that the device box is in. Do they pack around the box with those packing beans, newspaper etc.
deleted

Didn't realize you are talking about the shipping box. I purchased mine direct from a store. Sorry.

Last edited by SCION; 12-06-2010 at 05:05 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by becsta View Post
no beans, no newspaper. Mine was just the bare product box inside a white cardboard shipping box.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
mine was wrapped in shrinkwrap with a cardboard (larger than the size of the nook box) for backing and then packed with those large bubble bags. Sort of like how amazon does.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote