Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #16
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Just bought Listen Audiobook Player myself I've only been playing with it for a few minutes but I've already decided to get rid of Akimbo, it wasn't a bad player for free but Listen does seem like a far superior app.

I know I said I wasn't buying there anymore but I got a gift card which I'm using up.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #17
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
OK. Now I have Listen Audiobook Player app installed on your recommendation.

I ask for community support.

The apps, loaded with a book, looks this:

I have 2 concerns:

1) How to remove the double Fast Forward/Rewind buttons? I need only one of each. In fact, the double buttons are a mayor deal breaker for me. Think of trying to tap on the correct one blindly.

2) How to disable the pause when I click on anywhere/the main picture of the screen? It renders the app pretty much unusable when putting my hand with the phone in it in my pocket.

Otherwise, it's a refund.

The author of the app might be a good programmer, but she doesn't seem like a UX design expert, even enthusiast from here.

If we are here, Material Audiobook Player is better in a way that is is free an only has the 2nd annoyance, not the 1st.

Why Android developers can't produce a simple app which "just" work, similarly to the stock iOS podcast app, with only a single set of Fast Frward/Rewind buttons and only pausing on the pause button. Maybe because no one cares about podcasts and audiobooks on the Android platform.

Last edited by avid01; 12-14-2015 at 10:40 AM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #18
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
1) The fast forward/rewind buttons cannot be removed from the UI, however, their use can be essentially disabled by changing their skip time to 0 seconds.

2) If your concern is accidental screen pursuing in your pocket you can disable the various tap/swipe gestures by selecting "no action" for the respective options.

Edit: Removed images due to ungodly size when adding from Tapatalk.

Last edited by Dhevi; 12-17-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #19
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Dhevi

Thanks; helpful!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desito View Post
Hello,

Totally agree with Dhevi,

Good design and a lot of funtions

The best app for audiobooks is listen audiobook player
These folks disagree:

Me as well. Sorry!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #21
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
For audio books I have always used Ambling Book Player. It has skip fwd/back settings and has played everything I have thrown at it. Wow, I just looked at the download page and it hasn't been updated since 2011, but it works so well I have never thought about replacing it. After seeing some of the screenshots of the ones you all are using I may upgrade to one of those merely for aesthetic reasons!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bookplayerpro

Last edited by mising; 03-26-2016 at 01:03 PM.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 AM   #22
avid01
Addict

Pocket Casts users! (It is said to be a robust, popular player.) Is there a way to add an offline MP3 file from my computer to Pocket Casts?

Last edited by avid01; 07-08-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #23
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Pocket Casts users! (It is said to be a robust, popular player.) Is there a way to add an offline MP3 file from my computer to Pocket Casts?
Yes! (as long as you are using the Android version)
This is from their FAQ page: http://www.shiftyjelly.com/support/pocketcasts#115

Can I add custom files to play in Pocket Casts?
Our app is designed to subscribe and listen to podcasts. That said if you really want to add your own files and use our player you can!
In the place where you've told Pocket Casts to store your podcasts (by default, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts/files/PocketCasts), there will be a 'custom_episodes' folder. Copy your audio/video files in here and the next time you open the app and refresh it, you'll find a Custom Episodes image in your podcast list, with all your episodes in it.

Only the following file types are supported: mp3, m4a, aac, mov, m4v, mp4, 3g2 and 3gp.

N.B. Pocket Casts will only pick up files in this folder, not any sub-folders you drop in there.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote