Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
kingmax
kingmax began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black
Problem with ePub-Drm Adobe Digital Editions

Hi guys, I am trying to read a ePub book (Collins Cobuild Active English Grammar) on my M92 but I am not able to do it...I have authorized my M92 with Adobe Digital Editions and the ePub file is now in the internal storage memory.
Every time I try to open it, I see this error on m92 screen: "Error while opening document /media/flash/Digital Editions/Collins Cobuild.epub"

A.D.E. recognizes this reader and allows to copy the document from my mac to the reader and says that the reader is authorized.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
kingmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmax View Post
Hi guys, I am trying to read a ePub book (Collins Cobuild Active English Grammar) on my M92 but I am not able to do it...I have authorized my M92 with Adobe Digital Editions and the ePub file is now in the internal storage memory.
Every time I try to open it, I see this error on m92 screen: "Error while opening document /media/flash/Digital Editions/Collins Cobuild.epub"

A.D.E. recognizes this reader and allows to copy the document from my mac to the reader and says that the reader is authorized.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
I don't know anything about how to fix your authorisation problem.

But if it was my problem, I'd side-step the issue by googling Apprentice Alf's blog.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
axiomize
axiomize began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
I do have a related problem, but to be honest, I don't even know where to get started. I just bought an onyx m92 from ereader-store.de (all went very smooth!). Now I wanted to read some ebooks from the local library. When I click (with the stylus) on the download button, it says

Wireless DRM Service

Inhalt von:acs.onleihe.de herunterladen
Bitte warten...

(this is german for: download contents from: acs.onleihe.de, please wait)

and a window below pops up saying

Das Gerät aktivieren
Benutzer ID
Kennwort

(german for "activate device, user ID, password)

I have no idea where to get this from...

I did get a user account at adobe.com. But entering my userid and the password I selected there doesn't seem to be of any use. It now says: "downloading content from contentserver.adobe.com", but seems to hang.q

Martin

Last edited by axiomize; 12-31-2012 at 11:39 AM.
axiomize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
davemann
davemann began at the beginning.

Device: Boox i62HD Firefly
Quite the same for me. My i62HD can't open DRM Epubs even after Adobe authorization.
Using the new PDF reader, the file is opened without warnings but all pages are blank.
Someone have an idea how to solve?
Thanks!
davemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #5
davemann

Using readers other than "PDF Reader" for DRM contents are not possible (as the german store told me a couple of days ago).
But, in my boox, for now, I'm not able to read DRM at all.

Last edited by davemann; 05-17-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Updates
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemann View Post
Using readers other than "PDF Reader" for DRM contents are not possible (as the german store told me a couple of days ago).
But, in my boox, for now, I'm not able to read DRM at all.
Hi,
could you please give me a link to the store, where are you buying your DRM protected ebooks. I will try to buy some ebooks there and test the current PDF reading software regarding this issue.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
davemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
could you please give me a link to the store, where are you buying your DRM protected ebooks. I will try to buy some ebooks there and test the current PDF reading software regarding this issue.
Hi Booxtor.
I borrow an epub from Open Library. You can test this one o maybe another one (I check a couple of epub from Open Library with Boox with same results).
http://openlibrary.org/works/OL16075725W/Goals
Thanks a lot!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
SFFreader
SFFreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY
Smile

Hi davemann,

If your device is asking for the Adobe user id and password then I would ensure this is entered on the Setting|DRM Settings part of your e reader.

If the problem persists then I would leave it to the more qualified Booxtor to assist.
SFFreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #9
davemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFFreader View Post
Hi davemann,

If your device is asking for the Adobe user id and password then I would ensure this is entered on the Setting|DRM Settings part of your e reader.

If the problem persists then I would leave it to the more qualified Booxtor to assist.
Exactly. I try it again just now. I reinsert in DRM settings my correct username and password and after that I try to open the epub. Boox open it but all pages are blank.
...so strange
Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,

I guess I see know where the problem is. In the linked book it has nothing to do with DRM protection. It has to do with the source of the book. Displaying of blank pages is a long time known issue with PDF files from arcive.org. They are using somehow complicated multi layer PDF format, which is very often unreadable by apps, which are based on Adobe SDK for linux embedded.. Onyx engineers are trying to solve that problem for months, but currently it is still not fixed. Sometimes helps playing with margins cropping tools.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
davemann

Tnx a lot. Sorry for this, I hope they will change to a better new standard so Boox will become able to read.