Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #61
jswinden
Nameless Being

Your screen definitely has color issues too. Your screen has lots of uneven lighting especially the diagonal part. I would call CS if I were you.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #62
wystearya
Enthusiast
wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So far, it doesn't bother me too much. I really only see the light on a mostly blank screen. I've seen worse ones, ones with color blotches and such, and I am afraid I would get a worse one as a replacement. :/

PS - Like I mentioned, I tweaked my photos to make the flaws more visible. It isn't nearly that bad in real life!

I did consider replacing, and I still might. But I worry the replacement would be worse that what I have now.

Last edited by wystearya; 10-11-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Adding information.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #63
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them do get better over time. I remember when I first got my K3, it used to freeze and reboot but after a few weeks it settled down and I never had anymore problems. My android devices played up a bit in the first few weeks but they settled down too.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #64
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by wystearya View Post
So far, it doesn't bother me too much. I really only see the light on a mostly blank screen. I've seen worse ones, ones with color blotches and such, and I am afraid I would get a worse one as a replacement. :/

PS - Like I mentioned, I tweaked my photos to make the flaws more visible. It isn't nearly that bad in real life!

I did consider replacing, and I still might. But I worry the replacement would be worse that what I have now.
At the end of the day, it's all about your personal experience. If you don't find it distracting when reading, why bother?

But yes, the screen can look better than that.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #65
wystearya
Enthusiast
wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wystearya has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

True. And at least I have 30 days to think it over and see how much it does or doesn't bother me. Maybe if people start getting better replacements I's feel better about it!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #66
nonobjective
nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.nonobjective is that somebody.

Device: Sony 500, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
The pink blotches on one of my PW disappeared completely after about 5 days.
nonobjective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #67
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Day 7. Still blobs.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #68
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Day 7. Still blobs.
Have you gotten a replacement? It never hurts to try a replacement or two, you might get one that is better are even terrific.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #69
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Have you gotten a replacement? It never hurts to try a replacement or two, you might get one that is better are even terrific.
Or 3 or 4.........
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #70
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Or 3 or 4.........
You should have kept them and opened your own private Kindle PW store, selling them for a huge profit of course.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #71
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Good unit!

Quote:
I managed to get a couple of pictures of my issue.

I've adjusted the 'highlights' to better show this, it does not look this bad in person!

A close-up of the affected corner.

It's just a beam of diagonal light. When there is text on the screen it is undetectable. And I have to have it in the right light for it to be visible. Still, you can see it there!
I can't see any defects in your photo other than your flash bulb reflecting off the bottom.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I can't see any defects in your photo other than your flash bulb reflecting off the bottom.
Honey you need your eyes fix. The left side looks really bad not to mention you see pink hues all over that pic.

Are you viewing this on your tablet? I tried showing my husband last night some pics from here on the KF and they do not show the rainbow colors like when I view them on my 22" LCD monitor.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #73
wystearya
Enthusiast

Blossom - Yes, the lines on the left are bad. Not sure what happened to this Kindle, but it's not good. I did finally contact CS and a replacement is being sent. Should be here on Oct. 16th.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Blossom - Yes, the lines on the left are bad. Not sure what happened to this Kindle, but it's not good. I did finally contact CS and a replacement is being sent. Should be here on Oct. 16th.
I hope you get a better one. I am trying to keep up with 10 PW threads trying to see when Amazon's fixes this because if they fix the rainbow effect I want one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #75
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I hope you get a better one. I am trying to keep up with 10 PW threads trying to see when Amazon's fixes this because if they fix the rainbow effect I want one.
Taste the rainbow!
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote