Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
0.7.1 Save to Disc function fixed?

Sony PRS-300

I had to uninstall 0.7 as the Save to Disk function was broken, it went through the motions of saving but no book appeared, has this been fixed in this version please?
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Thank you kovidgoyal

Awesome prog by the way.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
grizedale
kindle Convert

Still not working

I have just installed 0.7.1, right clicked on a book on my device and none of the Save to Disc options works, it still goes through the process but nothing appears.

When I unplug my device it takes about 2 minutes to load, in.6.55 it loads in about 30 seconds...

Last edited by grizedale; 06-07-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am confused. Are you using 'save to disk' or 'send to device'? Also, what OS (and version) are you running?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
grizedale
kindle Convert

On Device I right click on the book and select "Save to disc" so I can transfer from my device to the PC I am on at the time, there are 4 options to choose from and none of them work in 0.7.1, it goes through the motions as if it is saving but no book appears. I have reverted back to 0.6.55 and it works just fine.

Win 7 64bit
Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhh ... I thought you were saving *to* the device, not from it.

I found and fixed the problem. Should be in the next release. BTW: it would work on linux and mac.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Ahhh ... I thought you were saving *to* the device, not from it.

I found and fixed the problem. Should be in the next release. BTW: it would work on linux and mac.
With the added feature of showing (not) "In Library", would it be possible to right click and "Add to Library"?

I also noticed Sending a book to Disk (really my device) does not update the status for the storage until I disconnect-reconnect the device.
Is a right-click: Refresh device library possible?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
With the added feature of showing (not) "In Library", would it be possible to right click and "Add to Library"?
Simply a matter of programming.

On a more serious note, if what you mean is add the book as if it were new and somewhere on your hard disc, then this is within my limits. If you mean something else, then ...
Quote:
I also noticed Sending a book to Disk (really my device) does not update the status for the storage until I disconnect-reconnect the device.
Is a right-click: Refresh device library possible?
Are you using 'save to disc' instead of 'send to device' to manage your device? Refresh library would be possible, but isn't anywhere near the top of the list.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Simply a matter of programming.

On a more serious note, if what you mean is add the book as if it were new and somewhere on your hard disc, then this is within my limits. If you mean something else, then ...
Are you using 'save to disc' instead of 'send to device' to manage your device? Refresh library would be possible, but isn't anywhere near the top of the list.
Yes to both your answers.
Somewhere I got a book onto the device (or maybe a fiend brings their device over) that has a book. Saves a step and gets the Correct book the first time.

I actually forget why I liked Save to disk better than Save to Device. I think it was sending files that my PEz did not use, but showed in the file browser .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote