Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
File names only, please. (Jetbook Firmware)

I always hate mp3 tags. It simply complicates things and I always think just the file names will do and I sort my music accordingly. If I wanna sort my music by artist or whatever, I use folders.

I wonder if I am the only one who don't like the jetbook library showing both the author's name and book's name at the same time, occupying two lines. I think we should have a choice to tell the library to show only the file names, and it will make the library look a bit more tidy. If I wanna sort the books by author, I will do it with folders named after the authors.

I think the Jetbook firmwares are good, I actually prefer Jetbook's to Libre's. I just wish that the library was more customizable.

Last edited by manifestor; 02-11-2010 at 04:57 PM.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
It only does this for TXT and PDF... so you can rename the TXT files if you want and edit PDF properties to remove author name...?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
manifestor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
It only does this for TXT and PDF... so you can rename the TXT files if you want and edit PDF properties to remove author name..
The funny thing is I only have TXT and PDF files on my Libre at this moment...

I guess I need to find a batch pdf/txt metadata remover...

Thanks for your info.

Last edited by manifestor; 02-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
There is no metadata for txt... just the file name! If I recall correctly, the format ECTACO uses is:

Author#Title

So if you want you can rename the txt files to just have the title as the filename.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
manifestor
Connoisseur

Thanks for the info.
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
scarab1
scarab1 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm PDAs, ectaco jetBook, Nook Color
I'd like to add that I have text files with sort of different combinations of author and title in them and they all display fine in the jetBook's table of contents.
scarab1 is offline   Reply With Quote