Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #106
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
New versions of the application have been uploaded to the first post in this thread. Support for password-protected ZIP and RAR files was added. The current image can now be saved via a menu item. The directory it is saved to is configurable. The step size is also configurable now, to help 611 users who don't have a Back button for taking smaller steps. The configuration was also fixed to work on the 611. All these changes are thanks to Klapo.

Added French and Portuguese translations from Pascal V., and a German translation from seiichiro018.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #107
Dr_Raspy
Dr_Raspy began at the beginning.

Device: none
It works on Pocketbook Basic 613 (Leggo Ibs version)?
Dr_Raspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #108
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Raspy View Post
It works on Pocketbook Basic 613 (Leggo Ibs version)?
It probably works. Try and see is the easiest thing to do.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #109
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
I have Pocketbook with 912, latest firmware and its folder structure is different than in instructions.
there is no /mnt/ext1/system/bin
there is no /mnt/ext1/applications

and no /mnt/ext1/system/config/extensions.cfg where can add new formats.

I did not find clear instruction how to install it on my PB912 and I would'nt want to mess something up.

Can someone give me he hint how to install correctly?

i was following these instructions: http://www3.telus.net/rkomar/pbimageviewer/

Edit:
Using this suggestion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The information in the system/config/extensions.cfg file is used by the device to match the book format to the application. Without it, the library app won't know what to do with the cbr file. So, create the file if it isn't there already, and copy those lines into it.
I created file as suggested, and put app in pocketbook folder. Now library browser recognizes CBR file (it says JPG on icon) and there is working Pbimageviewer app.

However, app does not show CBR files when browsing through folders, and Library show file with JPG icon, but it will not open it (file is 110 MB aprox).

I can see that Pbimageviewer app is using wrong path for TMP folder (which does not exist on 912. Could that be the problem?

Last edited by porga; 01-25-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fond partial solution
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #110
rkomar
Wizard

You need to copy pbimageviewer.app to both the system/bin/ and the applications/ folders. The one in applications/ is only for viewing image files inside a folder (it cannot be used for opening archive files like CBR or CBZ). The one in system/bin/ is what the Library application invokes when it opens an archive file. So, just copy pbimageviewer.app again to system/bin/.

The /mnt/ext1 and /mnt/ext2 prefixes refer to the full paths on the ereader itself (the first is for the internal memory, the second for the SD card). Those parts of the path don't show up when you mount the filesystems via USB. Sorry for the confusion. I'll fix up the instructions later.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #111
porga
Connoisseur

Dear rkomar, thank you for the tip, that done the trick. Now it is working. However, I noticed strange thing with second CBR file that I tried. It ends with error=13 when I try to open it. I an giving you link so you can try why, if you have time to do test.

[link deleted - MODERATOR]

I opened that file on ComicRack without any problems.
This is fantastic app for PB, with this PB is a must have for all comic lovers, especially old b/w comics. Thank you a thousand times.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-03-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #112
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Dear rkomar, thank you for the tip, that done the trick. Now it is working. However, I noticed strange thing with second CBR file that I tried. It ends with error=13 when I try to open it. I an giving you link so you can try why, if you have time to do test.

I opened that file on ComicRack without any problems.
This is fantastic app for PB, with this PB is a must have for all comic lovers, especially old b/w comics. Thank you a thousand times.
That file is a ZIP file, not a RAR file. So, just rename it to .cbz and it should work. You can do that right on the ereader by selecting the book in the library, and then holding down the OK button and selecting File->Rename from the menus.

Thanks for the kind words, and you're welcome.

P.S. If that file is not in the public domain, then you should probably edit your last post and remove the link to it. We don't want to get MobileRead into trouble.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-26-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #113
porga
Connoisseur

Thanks. I removed it from post, now you have to remove it from quote.

BTW, what does error code 13 means exactly?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #114
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Thanks. I removed it from post, now you have to remove it from quote.

BTW, what does error code 13 means exactly?
I vass an idiot! Thanks for pointing out my goof.

Here's what the unrar header file says about that error code:

Code:
#define ERAR_BAD_ARCHIVE        13
So, it's understandable that a zip file would produce that error when loaded as a RAR file. Unfortunately, I don't see any easy way of producing user friendly messages from the error code.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #115
luigibrosse
luigibrosse began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch
Hi R., everything is damn fine with the new version. All OK on touch (the gestures are definitely a plus compared to my old beta version).
luigibrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #116
luigibrosse

Having using Pbimageviewer quite intensively, I had a couple ideas that could maybe improve the software.

At the moment, PBiv is saving the last image seen in a file. And this is good.

However, when you finish reading a file (typically a chapter in a manga in my case), it also saves the position on the last image. Meaning that if I want to read it again, I will be on the last page. Could it be possible to loop back to the first image (maybe automatically via some config option) when you have reach the last image and close the file?

Also, something that is missing is the auto loading of the next file in the folder when you reach the end of the previous file. I don't know if this is possible, but it would definitely be a great help for me.

Of course, combining both propositions would definitely be great. But maybe, this corresponds only to my use of the software. I would definitely like to hear more from other people about those suggestions.

Cheers
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #117
rkomar
Wizard

On the one hand, automatically restarting at the beginning does make re-reading a little quicker. On the other hand, leaving it at the last page is a reminder that that archive was already completely viewed. I'm not sure that one is better than the other, so it would need a new option in the global config to choose which to do.

As far as automatically starting the next archive, that isn't hard to do if the files are only sorted alphabetically. If you wanted them to be sorted by series and volume number, that would be a lot more difficult (and thus prone to error). Maybe the best is to just show the user the next alphabetically sorted archive name and ask them if they want to start it. That behaviour would also need a global configuration option, since some may not want to be bothered with it.

I'll look into it this weekend, but may not get it done, since there is plenty of hockey and the Super Bowl on TV.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #118
luigibrosse

No, I was just thinking of opening the next file in alphabetical order. Most of the archives do not have any tags about volume and chapter internally, everything is working on the name of the file (ex. Name_of_the_manga_volXX_chapYY).
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #119
Pascal V.
Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pascal V. knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PocketBook 903
Hey Rkomar,

I definitely approve luigibrosse's suggestion : an option to automatically open the next archive after the last page of the current would be great!

P.
Pascal V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #120
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal V. View Post
Hey Rkomar,

I definitely approve luigibrosse's suggestion : an option to automatically open the next archive after the last page of the current would be great!

P.
This is brilliant idea!
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote