Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #106
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gva0002 View Post
It looks like my Airpanel has the same problem
Did you have any luck with Viewsonic?
I did, but you probably won't.

If you bought it used, the warranty has probably expired.

If you got yours new, then we probably bought our Airpanels from the same guy. The contract he had with Viewsonic specifically said that the devices had no warranty.

I managed to get mine replaced becuase I exploited the fact that I had no sales reciept. The lack of a sales reciept excluding the warranty put Viewsonic in a position where by law it had to honor the warranty. Viewsonic made the reseller send me replacements.

While exchanging emails with the reseller, I explained how and why I thought I had a right to a warranty, and how he could prevent this problem in the future.

If you bought after this incident then he probably provided a receipt that excluded the manufacturer's warranty. If you do not have a receipt from him (and possess a fair amount of chutzpah) you can try what I did.

P.S. The Airpanel I'm using now has survived about 4 months now. I don't think it's going to suffer the same fate.

P.P.S. I am not a lawyer. My statements about the warranty are based on my understanding of VA state law. Most other states have similar laws.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #107
gva0002
gva0002 began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic Airpanel
Yes, I suspected that it would have been too good to be true if Viewsonic fixed a discontinued gadget bought on ebay...
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #108
shamsus
shamsus began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba m200, and viewsonic airsync v210--- Yes! :-)
hi everyone.

does anyone know where to buy batteries for the airsyncs? I have an airsync v210, which I love to use, but the battery is in pretty bad shape.

thanks
ms
Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #109
Anyeli
Anyeli began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 reb1100 smartq5
Hello
I've just bought a Viewsonic Airpanel 100. Searching for an update, I've found this topic. But all links seem to be dead for the bootloader. Is there anyone here who still has them?, also to go back to 3.0? Thanks in advance!!
Anyeli
Closed Thread