Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
mrrico859
mrrico859 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hello, Help

Hello, I have a few scanned ebooks with double pages, and i split them with briss. If i leave it as a pdf it remains a single page, but once i convert it with calibre to epub and put it on my nook color, it's back to double pages again.

I wouldn't mind keeping it as a pdf, but i convert them to epub because i can display the cover art in my library. With pdf's i have some bland gray default cover.

Can anyone assist me here, or point me in the right direction, thanks.
mrrico859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Read the topic just bellow you, called "Ultimate PDF to Epub/Mobi conversion tips". There's some good advice in there. Or do you just want a photo album (scans) disguised as an ePub?

PDF conversion has been beaten to death around here. You should search the forums.

- PDF is a bad format to convert, with the exception of tagged PDFs.

- Do not scan straight to PDF, always scan as images and work your way up (OCR, proofread, layout, etc, etc).
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
It sounds like Briss doesn't actually split the image files in the PDF (it it seems like just marks parts of them as separate pages, which is why the return to double pages when you convert to ePub). If you still have the original scans and don't mind remaking the PDF, I use Scan Tailor to process all of my scanned book images, it splits the images, straightens them, crops them to just the text, adds margins, and cleans them up.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Even if it just marks them, your Nook's viewing software should be able to read it properly. If not, then it doesn't come with a very good PDF viewer now does it?
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
He's converting them to ePub in Calibre which doesn't translate the marking.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert