Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Vox + Zinio + free 1 yr subscription = joy

You can get a free subscription by going to "goreadgreen.com", they have Macleans as one of the magazine choices (amongst others, about 30-40 different magazine choices). One free subscription per email address; if a Canadian postal address doesn't work, (it didn't in May when I did this, it may have been fixed since then) you need to use an American address.

FYI, MacLeans subscription is $45 on Zinio site...That's a REALLY good deal as it comes out once every 2 weeks.
Enjoy! Magazines look great on the Vox!

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-13-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: corrected frequency for Macleans subscription every 2nd wk not weekly
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Crap already signed up. Oh well.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's lots of choices, even if you have Zinio and a paid subscription already, you can get a different magazine...
Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Thanks Cdesja5! It still works if you already have an account!!! It just asks you for a password. Got a free subscription to Backpacker magazine!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard

Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You can get a free subscription by going to "goreadgreen.com", they have Macleans as one of the magazine choices (amongst others, about 30-40 different magazine choices). One free subscription per email address; if a Canadian postal address doesn't work, (it didn't in May when I did this, it may have been fixed since then) you need to use an American address.

FYI, MacLeans subscription is $45 on Zinio site...That's a REALLY good deal as it comes out once a week.
Enjoy! Magazines look great on the Vox!
YOU rule! I just got a 1 year subscription to "Backpacker". Amazing!
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard

Nothing better than quality free reading material!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks worked great!
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Spent $199 on the Vox, saved $45 on Macleans....hummm. I was planning on buying a subscription tomorrow.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard

Do you have another email? You could save even more!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks!
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

awesome!
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not loving Zinio on the Vox. Page turns seem hit or miss (mostly miss). I believe that the magazines are optimized for larger tablets (like iPAD) and the whole resizing thing is annoying to me as I cannot read the text, even on single page, without manually making it larger. The "redraw" seems to take forever.

I find myself using it in horizontal mode and then clicking to change pages from the menu at the bottom. I may just read my free magazine on my computer, instead.

I'd like a click for the page turn, or the ability to have a one page option horizontally and just scroll up and down.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
Cdesja5
Wizard

Good thing you didn't shell out the $45 for MacLeans then I had Zinio on my laptop but didn't use it as often as I would on a tablet. Guess my eyesight's a bit better than yours (but fading fast as I read more and more onscreen!!!)

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite

And at 59, my eyes are getting sorta old.

Tags
elle, free subscription, macleans, magazines, vox