Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
$5.49 total for 3 books for Kindle by author Linda Welch

Along Came a Demon (Whisperings)
by Linda Welch
http://www.amazon.com/Along-Came-Dem...pd_sim_kinc_43
~4 out 5 star rating, based on 8 reviews
$0.99

Product Description
I'm told the dead are all around us. I wouldn't know about that, I see only the violently slain. They can be victims of hit-and-run, innocents caught in a cross-fire, the murdered. They whisper to me and they never, ever, forget the face of their killer. I've learned to live with my uncanny ability, in fact I've made a career out of it.

The departed aren't the only supernaturals I see. No, they're not vampires or werewolves or fae - those things don't exist. We live side by side with what some call the Otherworldy. That's too much of a mouthful for me, I call them demons. If you saw them as I do, you'd know why.

Right now I'm trying to track down a missing six year-old boy whose mother was murdered. Or maybe she wasn't. To further complicate the case, Clarion PD gave me a partner I'd rather shoot than work with.

I can't tell them he's a demon.

They'd think I'm crazy.

I'm Tiff Banks. Welcome to my world.

Mindbender
by Linda Welch
http://www.amazon.com/Mindbender/dp/...4284140&sr=1-3
No reviews yet
$2.50

Product Description
Raithe looks like a teen but don't be deceived; as a tour guide on Touraine he's expert at meeting your requirements, especially if you're female. His father was a bounty hunter; Hero. His mother is only part Human. But Raithe, he's just a fun-loving, skirt chasing, easy-going . . . Mindbender.

Ember spots Raithe in the Mary Rose tavern and sees a means to escape her sadistic master. But Marquesa returns from the dead, captures Raithe and forces him to use his unique abilities for interstellar thievery. Ember and the Dahle Feyeth search for Raithe throughout the Systems. With the help of Trik, a reviled and abused telepath doomed by a primitive inquisition, they will battle Marquesa for Raithe's life, soul and sanity. The quest challenges their self-perception and personal values and they are not always correct in their beliefs and assumptions. The powerful Dahle are not what they appear to be, and neither is Raithe.

Fanfaron Press says - Fans of early CJ Cherryh, Catherine Asaro, and the Liaden books of Sharon Lee and Steve Miller will enjoy Mindbender. Welch has crafted an engrossing and very readable tale set in an interesting universe. She makes the reader feel for her characters - their hardships and successes - and the pace never lets up from start to finish.

Galen's Gate (Novels of the Systems)
by Linda Welch
No reviews yet
$2.00

Product Description
During the Destruction, entire populations fled The Systems but not everyone made if off the construct world Dacsus. Now their descendants struggle to survive on a world with a dying eco-system. David Jason Galen walks out of the desert and into their lives, sharing knowledge that gives them hope for the future.

Then the Sirit come to Dacsus in search of hidden technology and instead find DJ Galen. DJ did not come to Dacsus empty-handed and what he brought and what he knows makes him a very valuable commodity.

But what Sirit pilot Tel Kherijk finds on Dacsus effects the future of both worlds and Tel learns that his people are not always honest and honorable, not when it comes to DJ Galen and what he can give them, willing or not

This is a tale of survival, prophecy, brutality, betrayal and hidden agendas, and the love of two people who will let nothing tear them apart, not even death.
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote