Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
After downloading Eternity's End today and other Jeffrey Carver books previously, today I purchased all 5 of the available Jeffrey Carver books at Fictionwise. I haven't yet read any of the books I've downloaded, but I figured if an author is willing to take a chance by offering some of his books for free, then I'm willing to take a chance by buying other books the author has available.
Thank you!

BTW, once the reissues go up, I hope you'll be able to redownload them if you want. (Can't promise, as it's not in my control.) The text will be the same, give or take a few tweaks, but I'm hoping that the formatting will run truer to that of the paper books.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Thanks for doing this. I will read one as soon as I finish 'Slaughterhouse Five', which is giving me a headache...which the author may have intended...

Is Eternity's End a standalone book? I'd like to read a standalone book before delving into a series.

Again, thanks. The more authors that give away free samples and make their work available without DRM the better!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #18
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Jeffrey, thanks for making yet another of your books available for free. I enjoyed Neptune's Crossing -- enough so that I bought a paperback edition to send to a member of my book swapping group. I've started reading Strange Attractors, but have set it aside for a little while as I catch up with all the paper books I have due in my book swapping group. I tossed a little in the tip jar when I downloaded the Chaos Chronicles books and will be back after I've had a chance to read this book.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post

Is Eternity's End a standalone book? I'd like to read a standalone book before delving into a series.
Best of both worlds for you (I hope). It's a standalone novel that also is part of a larger universe, the Star Rigger Universe.

As far as my work is concerned, the Chaos Chronicles are best read in sequence. Also, Dragons in the Stars stands alone, but comes before Dragon Rigger. And From a Changeling Star stands alone, but comes before Down the Stream of Stars.

Everything else you can pretty much read in any order.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #20
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I enjoyed Neptune's Crossing -- enough so that I bought a paperback edition to send to a member of my book swapping group.
Cool. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
plantedbypiggies
oink!
plantedbypiggies doesn't litterplantedbypiggies doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Thanks, Jeff! I'm looking forward to reading this.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #22
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Call me crazy, or maybe it's just May Day madness.
Stop the madness!

I had finally, after two months, managed to reduce the number of unread books on my Kindle to 80 (not counting the individual books in various compilations). For most of those two months I would get the number down to around 85 and then it would bounce back up to around 95 due to free books from various sources and the newest WebScriptions from Baen.

I was so pleased and then... some 16 books from Baen (May WebScription plus several other 'had to haves'), a couple of freebies here and there, and then, yesterday, between your newest and Suvudu's Moorcock book, I'm now over 100. Arrrrgh!!!

I'll be burning the midnight oil trying to stay current.

But seriously
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thanks Jeffrey
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #24
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Thank You Mr. Carver. I just bought the first three in the Star Rigger Series in the fictionwise sale.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #25
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Awesome. Thanks so much.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Stop the madness!

I had finally, after two months, managed to reduce the number of unread books on my Kindle to 80 (not counting the individual books in various compilations). For most of those two months I would get the number down to around 85 and then it would bounce back up to around 95 due to free books from various sources and the newest WebScriptions from Baen.

I was so pleased and then... some 16 books from Baen (May WebScription plus several other 'had to haves'), a couple of freebies here and there, and then, yesterday, between your newest and Suvudu's Moorcock book, I'm now over 100. Arrrrgh!!!

I'll be burning the midnight oil trying to stay current.

But seriously
I actually have the same problem.

The only solution for you is to put those other books aside for now, and read mine first, heh-heh.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #27
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
I just bought the first three in the Star Rigger Series in the fictionwise sale.
Thank you!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you very much! I look forward to getting acquainted with your work!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #29
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Thanks Jeffrey, I'm about to start reading Neptune Crossing, which I bought on Fictionwise. I'll most certainly give Eternity's End a try !
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Thanks Jeffrey, I'm about to start reading Neptune Crossing, which I bought on Fictionwise. I'll most certainly give Eternity's End a try !
I hope you like them! But just for the record, in case anyone else goes looking, Neptune isn't on Fictionwise. Actually, it's only available free! Maybe you meant Webscriptions (Baen Free Library)?
Closed Thread