Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #5521
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
My wife said to bring the magic back in our relationship. So I disappeared!
That might just have done the job! Now she can read books and eat bon bons to her heart's content!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #5522
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
As Washington D.C. and the rest of the country prepares to participate in the "great shakeout" earthquake drill today, President Obama wants to remind everyone in our nation's capitol that even though the 5.8 magnitude quake that hit D.C. in 2011 happened during his term, the pressure buildup for the quake actually started when the republicans were in charge.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #5523
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
"Please scream as loud as you possibly can," says the dentist to his patient.

"Why should I do that?"

"The waiting room's full and the football's on in ten minutes."
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #5524
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
As Washington D.C. and the rest of the country prepares to participate in the "great shakeout" earthquake drill today, President Obama wants to remind everyone in our nation's capitol that even though the 5.8 magnitude quake that hit D.C. in 2011 happened during his term, the pressure buildup for the quake actually started when the republicans were in charge.
My school did the shakeout thing last week......
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #5525
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
"Please scream as loud as you possibly can," says the dentist to his patient.

"Why should I do that?"

"The waiting room's full and the football's on in ten minutes."
That would have been no problem for the dentist I had as a child. There were always screams coming from his office. And that was the adults! I was shocked to discover from my friends when I got older that there was this mysterious substance called Novocaine other dentists gave their patients when they drilled. I still remember the day this dentist told me, "My, you're a brave little boy. I can see the nerve!" Ha! I could feel the nerve! To this day, I dread trips to the dentist.

I do believe my childhood dentist was the inspiration for this song:

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #5526
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I know a guy who can't hold his liquor during the winter months. It's probably the mittens.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #5527
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That would have been no problem for the dentist I had as a child. There were always screams coming from his office. And that was the adults! I was shocked to discover from my friends when I got older that there was this mysterious substance called Novocaine other dentists gave their patients when they drilled. I still remember the day this dentist told me, "My, you're a brave little boy. I can see the nerve!" Ha! I could feel the nerve! To this day, I dread trips to the dentist.
Tom, no screams from my dentist's office except the ones I made. I never knew there was such a thing as 'painless' dentistry until I moved out of the house and stopped using MY FATHER as my dentist. And he USED Novocain. Lots of Novocain. I couldn't believe the first time I went to a different dentist when I was in the military, and it didn't hurt... All my friends and their families used my father and none ever complained that he was painful. Just me!
He was an Oral Surgeon, taught dentistry at N.Y.U. and Mt. Sinai Hospital two days a week. I have to assume that he was good, right? I wonder if this was some sort of passive aggressive thing that he was taking out on me?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #5528
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I do believe my childhood dentist was the inspiration for this song:

My very favourite musical (in general, I'm not a fan of the genre).

Fortunately, I never need anything done to my teeth at my 6-monthly checkups, so the experience for me is quite a pleasant one, as he usually compliments the fact that he doesn't even need to clean or scrape them (I am a fan of the Firm toothbrush ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Tom, no screams from my dentist's office except the ones I made. I never knew there was such a thing as 'painless' dentistry until I moved out of the house and stopped using MY FATHER as my dentist. And he USED Novocain. Lots of Novocain. I couldn't believe the first time I went to a different dentist when I was in the military, and it didn't hurt... All my friends and their families used my father and none ever complained that he was painful. Just me!
He was an Oral Surgeon, taught dentistry at N.Y.U. and Mt. Sinai Hospital two days a week. I have to assume that he was good, right? I wonder if this was some sort of passive aggressive thing that he was taking out on me?

Stitchawl
There is simply no way I would have let my father anywhere near my teeth. In fact, I spent as much time as I could simply avoiding him altogether...
Old 10-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #5529
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Man is in bed with his wife when there is a knock at the door. He rolls over and looks at his clock, and it's 3:30 in the morning. "I'm not getting out of bed at this time," he thinks, and rolls over.

Then a louder knock follows. "Aren't you going to answer that?" says his wife. So he drags himself out of bed and goes downstairs. He opens the door and there is a man standing on the porch. It didn't take the homeowner long to realize the man was drunk.

"Hi there," slurs the stranger. "Can you give me a push??"

"No, get lost! It's half past three. I was in bed," says the man and he slams the door. He goes back up to bed and tells his wife what happened and she says, "That wasn't very nice of you. Remember that night we broke down in the pouring rain on the way to pick the kids up from the babysitter and you had to knock on that man's house to get us started again? What would have happened if he'd told us to get lost?"

"But the guy was drunk," says the husband. "It doesn't matter," says the wife. "He needs our help and it would be the Christian thing to help him."

So the husband gets out of bed again, gets dressed, and goes downstairs. He opens the front door, and not being able to see the stranger anywhere he shouts, "Hey, do you still want a push?" And he hears a voice cry out, "Yeah, please." So, still being unable to see the stranger he shouts, "Where are you?"
And the drunk replies, "Over here, on the swing."
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #5530
orlok
Close to the Edit!

The woman that just drove past me on the motorway was either doing a huge yawn or her brakes have failed.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #5531
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I met a woman named "Viamonte". I said, "You don't hear that name every day!"
She said, "Well, actually, I do."
Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #5532
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Here's another one. My last one wasn't funny.

A woman came in last in the 100 meter breaststroke at the local swim meet. She later complained, "The other girls were using their hands!"
Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #5533
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

A guy says to a dentist, "$200 to pull a tooth? That's only about one minute's work!" The dentist says, "I can make it last longer if you'd like."
Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #5534
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Customer: "Waiter! There is a fly in my soup."
Waiter: "That could very well be, sir, the cook used to be a tailor."
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #5535
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
For sale

Older phone model for sale (camera included)

Spoiler:
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote