Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
domromer
Enthusiast
domromer began at the beginning.

Device: Something that works well with libraries.
Sony software "running" but no gui

I just got a new mac and plugged in my prs350 for the first time. The sony reader software is running. As in I see it in the doc but there is no window popping up that show the library and all the rest of the interface. I uninstalled it and reinstalled 3 or 4 times and each time it's the same thing.

domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi domromer,

it's just a mater of time if bookworm_gril or I dig out these threads faster:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113727 follow guidline in post #5
and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...02&postcount=1

Sony software left behinde some remaining, even after uninstall.
This remainings prevent a proper new-installation and programm operation.

Remainings are in folders \fsk for Mac and \kinoma for Windows
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
That's what I was thinking too, Mark!

domromer, I had this issue with the Sony software on my Mac a few months ago and the thread links that Mark posted fixed it for me. Hope it works for you!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote