Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
LRF with embedded font

Here's a sample LRF file that was bundled with Librie. It has an embedded font, and I am curious whether it will display on Reader. (Didn't get mine yet. The wait is killing me -_-.)
The book is Botchan(Bocchan) by Natsume Souseki.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bocchan.zip (226.5 KB, 436 views)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Weeell, the first page loaded, and looked fine, but the rest of them seem to be blank or have a few randomly placed boxes and text scraps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, now that I look at it, the embedded font is applied only to some text fragments... Can you make a photo of the "text scraps"?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't have a camera with me, but there weren't very many of them (maybe 12~5 in the whole 124 pages) and they were in clear english, Times New Roman like font, and said things like "might is right" and "I am glad to see you" -- and they were all oriented in landscape, that is down the page instead of across it.

Don't know if that helps much.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard

Oh, so the Japanese didn't work at all? That's bad news...
Advert
Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
I've tried text files with with Russian characters in DOS, KOI-8R, WIN1251, ISO and Unicode encodings. Unicode file looks like built-in font is missing necessary characters, you got a lot squares instead. WIN file looks like encoding is wrong. DOS/KOI/ISO look bad.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Oh, so the Japanese didn't work at all? That's bad news...
Only on the fist page, which I assume was a picture of some sort.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #8
Honza
Honza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
So the cyrilic and japanese doesn't work on Reader...
Does anybody know about the support of central european languages, like czech? I've added some sample in Unicode and in PDF into attachment. Can anybody try it please?
Attached Files
File Type: zip czechsample.zip (10.7 KB, 428 views)
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So the cyrilic and japanese doesn't work on Reader...
Does anybody know about the support of central european languages, like czech? I've added some sample in Unicode and in PDF into attachment. Can anybody try it please?
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41779.

I've tried TXT file - some characters are missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20061026_0001.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1995  

Last edited by Slava; 10-26-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote