Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
hard case crime

Not sure if this is the right location but thought it would be of interest to some of the members here. Hard Case Crime is a publisher of noirish detective and crime stories some republished some new I had the following exchange withe Charles Ardai the editor today... he was gracious and quite prompt with his responses to me. the messages read from bottom to top:

You're welcome to post my message, but I would not recommend a writing campaign to Dorchester; they're a small firm with limited staff resources and would be more likely to get annoyed than inspired by a flood of messages.

If you look at the following link -- http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7D&dist=msr_1 -- you'll see a press release they put out today on this subject (I didn't see it until after our first e-mail exchange). I think we can rely on them to make a good set of decisions regarding digital formats.

Best,
Charles

----- Original Message -----
To: editor@hardcasecrime.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: query about ebooks

wow! thanks for your super rapid response. I will look forward to seeing the ebooks as they come out.. rest assured I am not one of those wonks who is wedded to technology only so you have me as a customer for paper as well....keep up the good work and let's all hope that the new year brings economic relief for us all ...publishers and docs included!! A question.... I follow a website called mobileread that is very interesting and devoted to people who love books in general and ebook formats in particular... they even do formating of old books that in public domain... they are an avid group and do some interesting things.... they are respectful of DRM books altho there are people who have some philosophical differences..

some authors have found them a useful resource... ie Jeffrey Carver an SF author of some repute you might want to search his name and read the threads that he has posted comments to

would you object to my posting this email dialogue over there with the thought that some writing campaign to Dorchester Publishing might have an impact on their motivation ot move ahead with ebook formats?

Regards

Elihu

Elihu L. Sussman, M.D
24 E 12th St
New York NY
ph: 212-463-7900
fax: 212-463-7991

-----Original Message-----
To: elsussman@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:48 am
Subject: Re: query about ebooks

Hi, Elihu --

We only have ebook rights to a minority of our titles, but those should be available in ebook editions over the coming year; I am not sure what formats will be supported (that's handled by Dorchester Publishing, but I do believe Kindle will not be the only format indefiniely).

Best,
Charles
-------------
Charles Ardai
Editor, Hard Case Crime

----- Original Message -----
To: info@hardcasecrime.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:40 AM
Subject: query about ebooks

Hi

I am reader of some of your series and would like to know if you are planning to issue some of your books in ebook formats particularly mobipocket. I see that some of your books are available on amazon kindle but I read using mobipocket particularly on my smartphone treo 750. I would hope that you might consider issuing some of your series in mobipocket format. Looking forward to your reply

Sincerely

Elihu L. Sussman MD

Elihu L. Sussman, M.D
24 E 12th St
New York NY
ph: 212-463-7900
fax: 212-463-7991
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nice, er wait... Did you just call me a "wonk"?

Not sure if that is good or bad.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Nice, er wait... Did you just call me a "wonk"?

Not sure if that is good or bad.

BOb

each of us in our own way is a wonk....lol no offense intended
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote