Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Hyphenation in KEPUB files

While converting ebooks to KEPUB, the Kepub Output plugin indicates files can be hyphenated if I have the correct language file. I have Hyphenate This! installed with the Polish language file included. Does that suffice or I need to paste the file to another catalogue?

EDIT: I've found the following information:

https://github.com/jgoguen/calibre-k...o-touchglomini

Does it mean I cannot add a Polish dictionary?

Last edited by Buhaj47; 05-02-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you find a Polish hyphenation dictionary?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
While converting ebooks to KEPUB, the Kepub Output plugin indicates files can be hyphenated if I have the correct language file. I have Hyphenate This! installed with the Polish language file included. Does that suffice or I need to paste the file to another catalogue?

EDIT: I've found the following information:

https://github.com/jgoguen/calibre-k...o-touchglomini

Does it mean I cannot add a Polish dictionary?
For spelling, it can be done but needs a few extras steps. I'm not sure about the hyphenation dictionary. It won't damage anything to try it. Otherwise, you might try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272762.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:11 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is a Polish hyphenation dictionary. It also includes a better English hyphenation dictionary as well. It's in the ZIP file and it's call KoboRoot.tgz which means youcan just copy the .tgz file to the .kobo directory, disconnect your Kobo and it will install. You still might have to do what was mentioned in the link davidfor gave.

The dictionary file itself is called hyph_pl_PL.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PolishHyphen.zip (100.9 KB, 264 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:50 AM   #5
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for this. If I install the dictionary, I won't have to enable hyphenation in Calibre while converting a file to KEPUB? Also, will I need to repeat those steps after Kobo firmware update?

EDIT: JSWolf, have you used the attached dictionary maybe? I added a new locale record and installed the .tgz file, but the hyphenation does not work at all. How do I revert back to default settings if I want to?

EDIT2: I have removed the EN-PL dictionary modification, and just left the .tgz file. The words are hyphenated, it's not a perfect hyphenation, but allows for more words on one screen. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_pl_PL.zip (11.3 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by Buhaj47; 05-22-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Advert
Old 06-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #6
Buhaj47
Zealot

I decided to go back to default settings, and reset the Kobo to factory settings, but the EPUB's are not hyphenated as they used to be. Do I need to install the default KoboRoot.tgz file? If so, does anyone have it?