Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #76
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
I never feel awkward about rereading a book. One of my chief criteria for buying an ebook is that it is a book that I will go back to, because usually there will be something new that I had not seen on the first go, or simply because the book was so well written that it is a pleasure to re-read.
Exactly. For stuff I only read once, they can be borrowed from the library.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #77
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
You could still check it out from the library again. I don't see any relation between buying a book and rereading. Until I read a book, I have no idea whether I would want to read it again.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #78
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
You could still check it out from the library again. I don't see any relation between buying a book and rereading. Until I read a book, I have no idea whether I would want to read it again.
Usually, I borrow first from the library (or friends). If I like it enough, that's when I'll purchase my own copy. Sure it's possible to borrow it again but if the work is good, I'd prefer to do my part to support the author by purchasing the book.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #79
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Usually, I borrow first from the library (or friends). If I like it enough, that's when I'll purchase my own copy. Sure it's possible to borrow it again but if the work is good, I'd prefer to do my part to support the author by purchasing the book.
Sometimes it takes me a while though. I put a book on my wishlist after reading it from the library. I often have more books on my wishlist than I can at any given time, afford, so I sometimes do multiple re-borrows before eventually buying.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote