Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
100n3y
100n3y began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
Downloaded ADB on Nook Classic. How to get it to run? Preez Halp!

Followed all steps (obviously) up to the point where DNS redirected and I got the "Don't Blink" book on my (free) Nook Classic 1.4. Nook devs next step states:

"8) Now turn your wifi off (and back on). This process is actually running the script that gives you root. You can now use ADB over wifi to fix things so you don't need to toggle the wifi to get root, and to disable auto updates from our friends at B&N."

I've turned it off/on and even rebooted to no avail. Even did a hard reboot setting it back to 1.0 /(now back to 1.4) and then re-downloading "Don't Blink" via the DNS redirect...still..nothing. I've installed JDE and SDK software. Nook dev...again...states that in Device Manager I should see "Other Devices > ADB" but I don't. I've read a common distaste with that site on this one and I understand why. It's like getting nav directions from a drunkard. I know I'm close to where I need to be because I god "Don't blink" correctly, but I don't know what to do now to have it install ADB. Let me know if there's anything I can provide to help you help me. Thanks in advance for any help or even reading!

Last edited by 100n3y; 08-31-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Possibly to vague for anyone to want to help.
100n3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
100n3y

BTW....Serial number 1003+ if that matters.
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
100n3y

Bullher? Bullher? I've put nearly 10 hours (or more) into something I know has to be easier than this. Please...save my sanity and help me out!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
100n3y

Nvm...just finished cleaning up. Nookdev's info was just too truncated it seems. I found the link below which I breezed through. Wish I'd found it earlier. Now that it's rooted...I honestly have no idea wth I'm going to do with it. lol! Is there a thread open already that tells what you can do with the ancient Nook Classic?

http://blog.filipivc.com/2010/10/27/...ck-nook-1-4-1/

Take Care! ><>
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Well there are a few things you can do, like install and use Nooklets, read PDFs MUCH better with aPDF (I think that might be preinstalled), and you can use alternative library applications like the wonderful NookLibrary software which has much better organisation features and shiny features like coverflow and setting the last few read book covers as your screensaver.
From what I've found, that's pretty much it, unless you want to go through many many forum posts all across the internet for other stuff, like nook games.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
100n3y

Sanks again Fox for posting. Honestly...my internet, I guess, took a dive before I was able to post anything snarky here. I had posted my disappointment in no one being able to assist me, but I guess it wasn't posted or someone deleted it. In any case, as you can see by my other post, I've moved on.