Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Problem Creating Catalog of ISBNs

I apologize if this has already been addresses.

When exporting isbn the numbers changes. For example in calibre the isbn reads 9780758207012, however after I run the export it appears as 9.78076E+12 in the spread sheet. What am I doing wrong? I simply want to get a list of my isbns to paste them into google books.

I have read about a way to do this in calibredb command mentioned here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67804
however I could not figure out how to do this.
desilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In your spreadsheet program, change the format of the ISBN column. For example, in Excel or Numbers, change the cell format to Number with 0 decimal places.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
thanks!
desilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
TreborPugly
TreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-books

Device: Mobipocket reader on Blackberry, XO using FBreader, Kindle
Actually, you should probably use Text as the format in excel. Alot of 10 digit isbn's start with zero, which will get lost if you use a number format.
TreborPugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by desilva View Post
I apologize if this has already been addresses.

When exporting isbn the numbers changes. For example in calibre the isbn reads 9780758207012, however after I run the export it appears as 9.78076E+12 in the spread sheet. What am I doing wrong? I simply want to get a list of my isbns to paste them into google books.

I have read about a way to do this in calibredb command mentioned here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67804
however I could not figure out how to do this.
ISBN are Always Text besides your problem. Numbers will drop the leading Zero (ISBN10)
BTW there are ISBN10's that end in 'X' (valid check digit 0-9,X)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert