Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #301
shad17
shad17 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Empty File on Download

I have the Synology DS410 NAS. I used the package via SynoCommunity to install COPS.

I have the library stored in shared folder "calibre".

I set the directory and internal directory to:
/volume1/calibre/

Added :/volume1/calibre/ to the open_basedir setting.

I have url_rewriting to 1.

I'm able to view the catalog through browser and Aldiko. But when I click the EPUB icon to download the book via browser on PC, I get the download but the filesize is 0. I'm assuming that is the reason it fails to import within Aldiko.

I didn't make any changes to .htaccess and left it as-is for the time being.

The only entries I've found from reading is about changing code but the responses usually resulted with no need to make code changes. So any thoughts on what to change?
shad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #302
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
That's strange I'm using a DS210J with latest DSM and I don't remember having the problem.

Can you tell what version of DSM you're using ?
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #303
shad17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
That's strange I'm using a DS210J with latest DSM and I don't remember having the problem.

Can you tell what version of DSM you're using ?
DSM 4.1-2647 is the current version.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #304
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Current version is DSM 4.1-2668
DSM date : 2012/12/11
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #305
shad17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad17 View Post
DSM 4.1-2647 is the current version.
After further checking, the probably seems to be an internal catalog issue. The id are not matching on all books so the result if downloading an empty book.

Maybe an error being displayed saying book not found instead of downloading an empty file? (enhancement request) :-)

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #306
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@mariosipad

That indeed the firmware I'm using.

@shad17

I tested (before seing your post) and I can confirm it's working fine.

About your problem I already do that kind of test for the cover, I guess I could do the same for the books. Thanks !
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #307
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northguy View Post
I noticed that in the "modify metadata" case, the file name of the epub changes when downloading and that the file size changes from 1.29Mb to 27 bytes. Quite obvious that Calibre and PRS-T1 are not able to read that

Could this be a writing 'rights' issue on my Synology?
I installed the package from synocommunity last night and enabled "cops_update_epub-metadata" I had no problem at all on my test catalog.

There shouldn't be any "writing rights issues" as I don't use any temporary files (especially to avoid this kind of problem). If you can reproduce this problem with other epub, can you send me a sample epub so that I can test ?

Thanks in advance, I'm doing one last bug squashing session before releasing a new version (hopefully next weekend).

Last edited by vlad59; 02-20-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #308
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@Vlad: tried to reproduce the reported issue on the download issue when "update metadata" is enabled. I failed to reproduce the error, so maybe this was an error on my side. I'll keep you posted when the error re-surfaces.

Regards,

Northuy
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #309
wikiped
wikiped began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Wanted to thank Vlad for his efforts in putting this great tool together.
Thank you!
And just to give quick feedback:
I have installed COPS on my NAS (QNAP 439) and all is running fine.
The library also sits on NAS (not in www root though).

Must admit I struggled a bit at the beginning trying to make opds to work in FBReader.
Either I did not find it in the instructions or this is something that should be clear to all, but initially I was pointing Fbreader to the same location as browser "localhost/Calibre_folder". This indeed gave error in fbreader: "...bad opds...".
And only after looking at the code I figured that to access opds you need to use "localhost/Calibre_folder/feed".

Thanks again, and if I can suggest one thing this would be adding "language" section in the very first level of catalog along with "authors", "tags", "series"...

I understand language is visible when you browse through the books, but if I would share the library this would be definitely useful to minimize time of finding something other people will be able to read.

Thanks again!
wikiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #310
hom
hom began at the beginning.

Device: N7 by Moon+Reader pro
hi,

I tried to install on my synology 212 cops, I created a dir in the web and put in the db by caliber etc ...
through the browser if I go to the page of synology xxx.xxx.xx / cops opens the interface and all ok

how do I enter the correct URL in moon + reader pro do not understand what I enter it wrong.

thanks

"I HAVE FIND the WAY!!"

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/library name/feed.php

Last edited by hom; 02-28-2013 at 04:46 AM.
hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #311
vlad59
Addict

@wikiped and hom

I know this is confusing to specify feed.php for OPDS feed. I'm testing a way to redirect automatically to the feed if the query comes from an OPDS reader.

@wikiped

I also like to filter by language, currently I use OPDS facets with my favorite reader (Mantano). I'll add you idea to the Github issues.

@all

I'm very busy right now with real life / work. But I have a new release almost ready for you.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #312
hom
hom began at the beginning.

Device: N7 by Moon+Reader pro
ok thank you.
one thing ...
I saw that putting all web pages, all pages can be accessed from the outside php (index, FEDD, fetch etc ...)
through the browser I put everything behind a simple login page, but my ebook reader protection seems too and if I try to protect also the page feed.php no longer find the menu, there is no way to request a login or put protection?

thanks
hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:46 AM   #313
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.3.2

COPS 0.3.2 is out with some changes (First post to download) :

* Add dutch translation. Provided by Northguy.
* Fix an ugly bug introduced in 0.3.1. Reported by mariosipad.
* Small fixes/enhancement to the update metadata tools :
* The book's name is Author - Title.epub
* Add the Calibre uuid so that the book is automatically recognised by Calibre.
* Update the cover
* Fix display of the HTML catalog on Kobo's browser.
* Enable kepub.epub download with cover fix (enable with $config['cops_provide_kepub']).
* Hopefully fix browsing with PRS-T1. Thanks to Northguy.
* Hopefully fix the OPDS catalog when the summary is full of HTML crap.
* Merged 3 patches from Tyler J. Wagner :
* Detect empty publication date set in Calibre to avoid having (0101) as publication year.
* Don't print "Languages" if there are none defined.
* Don't print the tag string if there's no tags.
* If an OPDS client try to access index.php it will be automatically redirected to feed.php.
* Move the search & sort tool box to a new line (also fix a w3c error).

So a lot of little bug fixes and enhancement.

The metadata update is getting better with cover update and it also update Calibre's UUID to allow the book to be recognized by Calibre.

If you own a Kobo and like to have .kepub.epub you can now enable $config['cops_provide_kepub'].

As stated in the changelog, I received and merged some patches. Thanks a lot to the contributors.

About the future of COPS :
* A user proposed to contribute an HTML5 / CSS3 new HTML interface to replace the current (not so pretty I know).
* I've almost finished to update to a new I18n system to avoid using Calibre2OPDS strings in the future.

Once these two tasks are done, COPS 1.0 should be out !

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #314
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS 0.3.2 is out with some changes

Happy testing.
Worx with:
- Debian Wheezy + apache + PHP
- Debian Squeeze + apache + PHP
- Windows 7 + WAMP server

NB: I only use the basic OPDS functionality with Firefox_EPUBReader and with IPhone/iPad using Marvin and Stanza
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #315
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I used the SynoCommunity package to get COPS up and running on my NAS (thank you!)

I can browse and download via OPDS readers on my tablet/phone.
I can browse via the web at localhost/cops/

What I'm struggling with is accessing everything from outside of my LAN.

My Calibre library and database are installed in a shared folder at /volumeX/calibre
COPS is installed in a subdirectory of the root web folder

I have DDNS setup on my router.

Trying to access via DDNS:8080 or DDNS:8080/cops/ just gives me the following error in chrome:
Quote:
This webpage is not available
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.
Did I miss something somewhere?
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology