Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free (K) The Jam: Sounds From the Street [Bio/History]

Okay, somebody was saying they were tired of all the free books being genre-related...

On Amazon:

The Jam: Sounds From the Street by Albert Jack & Graham Willmott; Bruce Foxton (foreword)

‘It’s great to finally have such an accurate record of what I was actually doing back then – It’s pretty much exactly how I remember it.’ Bruce Foxton

The Jam emerged from the punk explosion of 1977, combining the energy of that movement and the musical values and styles of the previous generations mod icons. The Jam: Sounds From The Street is the inside story of Paul Weller, Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler’s rise from school classroom to worldwide fame, their brief but momentous reign and the shocking decision to quit at the peak of their success.

This authoritative chronology of the band’s career weaves around an in-depth study of their entire musical legacy, including songs from their time as a four-piece and all the other tracks that comprised the pre-Polydor set list.

Featuring exclusive contributions from Bruce Foxton, this is the definitive account of one of Britain’s best loved rock groups.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Okay, somebody was saying they were tired of all the free books being genre-related...

On Amazon:

The Jam: Sounds From the Street by Albert Jack & Graham Willmott; Bruce Foxton (foreword)
Great find. I have all their albums (vinyl--guess I'm showing my age ) Thank you.

And yes, this is something different for a change...
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio777 View Post
Great find. I have all their albums (vinyl--guess I'm showing my age ) Thank you....

My vinyl doesn't stretch back exactly that far - do have a couple of Style Council LPs left. Not the same thing, though.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
My vinyl doesn't stretch back exactly that far - do have a couple of Style Council LPs left. Not the same thing, though.
Yes, not the same. The Jam were initially a considered as somewhat of a "retro-mod" band although more than that in later albums. Did rather well in UK, but too English I think for US.

Style Council were different. Paul Weller''s baby. More open to newer styles. But still made some good music in my opinion.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote