Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Thumbs up Transfer TOC of PDFs to Kindle Bookmarks

Quote:
Being the proud owner of KindleDX, using it mostly for reading all kinds of those. documentation, which often comes as a PDF. Support for PDF on Kindle unfortunately not realized that that much. One of the major (for me) problem is the inability to transfer contents of a PDF document (or at least how to do it, I did not find one). In this connection, an attempt was made, to somehow solve this problem until it is solved by experts Amazon. Perhaps someone solve this option is also nice.

The meaning of the idea that the contents of the envelope in the collection of PDF Bookmark for Kindla, ie the PDF file generated file pdr.

The command line program is as follows:

PDFBookmarksToKindle.exe SRC_PDF_FILE [-ML n]

SRC_PDF_FILE - the path to the PDF file. Created by PDR file will fall into the same folder with the same name as the PDF

-ML n - n - a number that specifies the maximum level of nesting of branches, which are transferred from the table of contents PDF to Kindle Bookmarks. If the switch-ML is missing, copy the entire contents

Known issues.

A. Unable ibavitsya the prefix "Page Number" in the list of bookmarks.
Two. If more than one link to bookmark a page, the list will be visible only to the last tab.
Three. If working with a document on your Kindle bookmark standard way, generated table of contents can be "spoiled."

License: Freeware. Program is delivered "as is", for the consequences of the manufacturer is not responsible.
quoted from the-ebook.org

You can download it from here(includes a bat file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PdfKindleBookmarks.zip (605.9 KB, 673 views)

Last edited by thomass; 04-07-2016 at 06:53 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
hochster
hochster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
PDF Bookmarks for Kindle

Worked well for me. Opened a DOS window and ran the .exe file uploaded the .pdr file to the Kindle 3G and all the TOC were in the Marks section.
hochster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just a remark: Touch alredy does this itself, hence there is no need to use this tool for Touch.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
msel
Connoisseur
msel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the husk

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Thank you for the useful tool. It is very useful if you want to navigate in larger pdf documents and you have a kindle keyboard.

Greetings, Maria!
msel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
billqiu
billqiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Alternatie dowload sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post

You can download it from here
Also I uploaded it to dropbox (includes a bat file)
This program looks awesome! but i can't download from the sites provided. Can you please provide alternative download sites! Thank you so much!!!
billqiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by billqiu View Post
This program looks awesome! but i can't download from the sites provided. Can you please provide alternative download sites! Thank you so much!!!
attached to the first post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
billqiu
billqiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:

You can download it from here
Also I uploaded it to dropbox (includes a bat file)
Quote:
attached to the first post
thabk you very much!!!
billqiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:30 AM   #8
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Transfer TOC of PDFs to Kindle Bookmarks

@thomass: I can transfer TOC of my Pdf using your awesome software. But when I clicked on any bookmark, it returned me to the current page on my Kindle DX Graphite B009. Hope you could help me. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [Images violate Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-07-2016 at 10:34 AM.
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

hhtien1408:
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:29 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhtien1408 View Post
But when I clicked on any bookmark, it returned me to the current page on my Kindle DX Graphite B009.
You may try with and without this bat file, if you didn't already do this. Also you may try this app with other PDFs, it may be the case that the problem may be related with this specific file.

I'm sorry to tell you that I have no idea about this problem. In fact I create this title long before. Btw I personally didn't create the app, I just shared and wrote a bat file for this.

Last edited by thomass; 04-09-2016 at 02:34 AM.