Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
janstone
janstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
audio books on Vox

I'm a member of audible.com, but can't seem to download the app onto the Vox. Can't get it thru the android market, amazon market, or a bunch of others I've tried. It seems I need an android related phonenumber... and don't have one

Has anyone else managed to download audible or some other audio book site? Any clues on how to get it?

janstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
From the audible website: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...le-for-android

Quote:
Devices without the Android Market are not officially supported for use with the Audible for Android application. If you would like to try installing a beta version of the application on your device, you may do so by visiting our Google Group at the following link.

Please Note: All beta application assistance and support related questions must be directed to the Google Group forum. Our Customer Care team is not able to provide support to users of the beta application.

Audible for Android Google Group
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
janstone

Yeah... no.

It redirects to the android app site, which won't allow me to download because I don't have a phone number attached to the account. I've tried some of the other sites that are listed here, but none have it. I'm sure there must a way, just can't figure it out.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by janstone View Post
Yeah... no.

It redirects to the android app site, which won't allow me to download because I don't have a phone number attached to the account. I've tried some of the other sites that are listed here, but none have it. I'm sure there must a way, just can't figure it out.
Here's the most recent one from the Android Market. Try it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Audi...6%20Market.apk
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
janstone

Wheeeeee! I got it! Thank you so much! Now off to see if I can find the Sony reader app! Any ideas for that?

You guys are amazing!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Wheeeeee! I got it! Thank you so much! Now off to see if I can find the Sony reader app! Any ideas for that?

You guys are amazing!
The Sony Reader app that's available to those who don't own a Sony Tablet does not allow for sideloading. It's just for Sony Store purchases. It was released in January and it's still a version 1.0 app. It's very buggy with minimal features.

I have the tablet version of the app, so I can't help you with this one. This version is supposed to be available in December for other tablets.

Last edited by SCION; 11-01-2011 at 05:24 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
auburncurlzz
auburncurlzz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
THANK YOU!!

I got Audible installed on my new Vox thanks to this thread. Can't wait to try it out now! Thank you all!
auburncurlzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
eclare99
eclare99 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
I really enjoy listening to podcasts on the vox, but audio cuts out, on my favourite station podcasts e.g.

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/massey-archi...y-of-progress/

I can listen to these Massey lectures, no problem, on my netbook, but audio is forever cutting out on the cbc podcasts..............(on air radio works fine).

I seem to have no audio problems on other podcast sites.
eclare99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
northbeach
northbeach began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Here's the most recent one from the Android Market. Try it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Audi...6%20Market.apk
Took hours to find your perfect fix. Thank you very much.
northbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:

You guys are amazing!
if your Sony reader books are epubs, you can add them to the Vox using Dropbox and read using either Aldiko or Kobo apps. You don't actually need the Sony reader app unless your books are in their old BBeB format.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Quote:

You guys are amazing!
I use Ambling Bookplayer for Audiobooks. It's fantastic! You can get it from their site.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I know a solution has already popped up, but another option is installing the Android Market.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
alohamomma
alohamomma began at the beginning.

Device: android
free audiobooks

my favorite website for all forms of free books (ebooks, audio, mp3, iphone) is www.booksshouldbefree.com or otherwise known as librivox.org
You can also volunteer to become a reader.
alohamomma is offline   Reply With Quote