Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #91
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Just installed the Duplicates plugin but found I am having a problem now when I try to search for an author. Running Calibre 0.8.6. The duplicates find was great but after running the plugin how do I return to the normal library display.
I restarted Calibre and now when I say search for an author Calibre highlights that author but shows every other book in the library whereas before it only show those books by that author. What am I doing wrong?

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #92
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
I restarted Calibre and now when I say search for an author Calibre highlights that author but shows every other book in the library whereas before it only show those books by that author. What am I doing wrong?
Toggle the blue stripped icon in the top row, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	73187  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #93
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Questions re Duplicates.

Just sorted the answers myself (Enable/Disable Search Highlighting).

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:36 AM   #94
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Mitch - to prevent this situation again the next time thou find duplicates, note that you can either:
- click on the clear search button to the right of the search box
- click on the find duplicates menu and choose the clear duplicates option

Either of these will return you back to normal search mode in one step.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:59 AM   #95
Artha
-----
Artha began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SNE65
The author search seems to work pretty well. I only used the precise serach, nothing fancy. Now, if I try to do a binary search here's what I get with the latest (today) calibre and plugin:
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'TagsView' object has no attribute 'search_restriction'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 151, in find_duplicates
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 114, in run_duplicate_check
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.algorithms", line 308, in run_duplicate_check
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.algorithms", line 513, in get_book_ids_to_consider
AttributeError: 'TagsView' object has no attribute 'search_restriction'
And for ISBNs I get pretty much the same:

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'TagsView' object has no attribute 'search_restriction'

File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 156, in toolbar_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 114, in run_duplicate_check
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.algorithms", line 308, in run_duplicate_check
  File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.algorithms", line 479, in get_book_ids_to_consider
AttributeError: 'TagsView' object has no attribute 'search_restriction'
Artha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #96
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artha View Post
The author search seems to work pretty well. I only used the precise serach, nothing fancy. Now, if I try to do a binary search here's what I get with the latest (today) calibre and plugin:
[CODE]calibre, version 0.8.8
@kiwidude: this is a casualty of Kovid refactoring of the tags_browser last week.

That attribute is now in gui2.tag_browser.model. However, depending on what you are using it for, you might want to use gui2.tag_browser.view.set_search_restriction() (to set the search restriction in the tag browser), or db.data.search_restriction (to retrieve the value stored with the data cache)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #97
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for issue with Calibre 0.8.8 tag browser search_restriction refactoring

Thx chaley for the heads up on what had been changed in Calibre.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #98
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Preparation for deprecation of db.format_abspath() for networked backend

Forgot to also make this change in 1.1.2 - again for an internal Calibre codebase change that would break this plugin in future. This plugin now uses the db.format_hash() and db.format_metadata() functions Kovid added in 0.8.7 as detailed in this thread.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:54 AM   #99
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Forgot to also make this change in 1.1.2 - again for an internal Calibre codebase change that would break this plugin in future. This plugin now uses the db.format_hash() and db.format_metadata() functions Kovid added in 0.8.7 as detailed in this thread.
Another thing you might want to know...

Starting with the next release, format_metadata caches the data returned by os.stat() during a given calibre session. If a format is changed outside of calibre, then the cache will be incorrect, containing stale data. For example, calibre won't know the file has changed if you use open_with and sigil to change it, so format_metadata can return stale data.

The cache is not persistent. It is rebuilt every time calibre starts, which limits the lifetime of the stale data.

EDIT: I should also point out that format_metadata() has a new additional argument that indicates whether or not it is permissible to use the cache.

Last edited by chaley; 07-03-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 AM   #100
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Thx Charles, I saw the extra allow_cache parameter (did not make use of it, just used the default). Perhaps just as well if I was calling code that isn't yet released (not sure whether the change you refer to relates to that parameter or elsewhere). So currently it is going to use the cache for the session - I couldn't make my mind up whether that was good or bad so just ran with it as is for now.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #101
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The caching code will be released the end of this week, so you did the right thing.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #102
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Got an error just now (v 1.1.3)

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: uitzondering niet opgevangen: <b>AttributeError</b>:'TagsModel' object has no attribute 'show_item_at_path'

File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 156, in toolbar_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 115, in run_duplicate_check
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 133, in _display_run_duplicate_results
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 259, in show_next_result
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 704, in _view_authors_in_tag_viewer
AttributeError: 'TagsModel' object has no attribute 'show_item_at_path'
UPDATE:
This error shows up every time I go to the next group
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #103
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
when clicking show all author exemptions, I get:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: uitzondering niet opgevangen: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'book_ids' is not defined

File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 195, in show_all_exemptions
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 356, in show_all_exemptions
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 499, in _update_marked_books
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 543, in _create_books_for_author_map
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 400, in _remove_author_exemptions
NameError: global name 'book_ids' is not defined
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #104
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@drMerry - that first error looks like another problem caused by the refactoring of the tag view stuff in Calibre 0.8.8. The User Category plugin will be broken as well I suspect...

The second problem is not related to 0.8.8 but is an error that must have always been there, surprising it hasn't been spotted before now.

Thanks for reporting the issues. Will push a new release when fixed.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #105
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Additional fix for stuff broken by Calibre 0.8.8 in the tag view
  • Fix for removing an author exemption

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates